Is there an app that will print whatever is on the phone screen as it looks on the phone screen? I found an app that connects to my home network printer but it either prints unformatted text or it prints pictures or pdf. I needed to print an email from gmail or hotmail as it appeared in the message with formatted text mixed with pictures but couldn't do it. My choices would be to find a way to.convert the entire message to a picture.or pdf (no idea how) or add k9 email which apparently works with the printer app but I don't want to add yet another drain on 4G and my battery.

Anybody know a good app to do it or even a combo of apps? Like my current printing app would work IF I could.convert the entire gmail message containing pics and text into a picture containing everything or a pdf containing everything. I can't use screenshot because I'm not rooted and don't intend to be.
    07-11-2011 09:22 AM
    I think there are a few cloud print apps in the market. I used one called Cloud Print BETA. If you don't have an HP E-print printer your computer has to be on and you need chrome on the computer but it seems to work well.
    07-12-2011 12:28 PM
    But will it print an entire gmail message that includes pics and text? My app works fine hooking up to my printer but no option to print email in gmail app so no way to print gmail.

Is there a free app that will convert an entire gmail message sub pics and textbook pdf?
    07-12-2011 12:50 PM
    There are many ways to accomplish the same task depending on the configuration of the network and the printer itself. Are you talking about printing to one specific printer or every printer you ever see?

If you are talking about a specific unit on a network you have access to you could probably enable SMTP on it. Then just Forward the e-mail to the printer.

Or get a printer that supports Bluetooth and just transfer files to the printer using that.
    07-12-2011 01:56 PM
    I have an HP WiFi network printer. I have no idea how to enable smtp nor forward email to it and gmail app has no print option.
    07-12-2011 02:04 PM
    I think there are a few cloud print apps in the market. I used one called Cloud Print BETA. If you don't have an HP E-print printer your computer has to be on and you need chrome on the computer but it seems to work well.
    I use that app to print from my Thunderbolt all the time and I found it to be the best printing app in the market.
    07-12-2011 08:20 PM
    Specifically, when in gmail phone app can u print out an individual email containing both pics and text. If so what is he command to do it from within gmail app?
    07-12-2011 08:34 PM
    Could someone with cloud print try printing a gmail to see if there is a way to do it?
    07-14-2011 11:59 AM
    Could someone with cloud print try printing a gmail to see if there is a way to do it?
    I just tried and could not do it. You might be able to do it in k9 mail but not postive
    07-14-2011 12:14 PM
    Yes I believe you can I just don't want to add.another app that draws from internet. Thanks for trying it out for me. It seems the real problem is within the gmail app.
    07-14-2011 12:45 PM
    Yes I believe you can I just don't want to add.another app that draws from internet. Thanks for trying it out for me. It seems the real problem is within the gmail app.
    Ya maybe printing will be added into icecream.
    07-14-2011 02:15 PM
    I don't know what that means?
    07-14-2011 02:46 PM
    I don't know what that means?
    Icecream is the next major update after gingerbread. Google likes to name there updates after. Food
    07-14-2011 02:53 PM
    Mr1 should have been called roast turkey!
    07-15-2011 02:11 PM
    Ya maybe printing will be added into icecream.
    No, it isnt. Google came out with Google cloud print for their printing solution. its easy to install and very easy to use.
    12-18-2011 11:18 PM
    PrinterShare Premium was the Amazon App of the Day a few weeks back. I've been using it and it works very well. It will print GMail, Web pages, pictures,Calendars, documents, GoogleDocs, etc.

You install a small desktop client on your PC that has a Share set up for the printer on it. You can then print from your phone from anywhere. The print job goes to PrinterShare's server and is then pushed to your printer via the PC client. It works very well and preserves all formatting. It can do this because it is using the driver specific to the printer that is installed on the PC.

I also have a Thunderbolt. This app works very well. Google their web site for all details and see if it fits your needs. It can also search for any open wifi printers nearby and print directly to them but that is when the formatting would get skewed even using this app I believe.
    12-19-2011 12:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD