General Apps Questions (coming to Android from BB)

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered an Incredible and finally dumping my BB Storm and I'm a bit confused about the Apps. BB has a website called BB App World where you can go to on your computer and see their apps and then send them to your phone. Plus sites like Crackberry have App stores where you can do the same thing plus pay for the apps on-line.

I went to Android Market but there aren't many apps there and I don't see a way to send them to your phone.

Where are the 50,000 apps?
Can you only browse for them and buy them through your phone?
If you buy an app but delete it from your phone, how do you get it back, is there a way to back-up your apps?

sevenpowers

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
You need to look at the Market from the phone's Android Market app, the web page is just a very small indication of what to expect and is not the full version like AppWorld. Apps are downloaded and installed directly to the phone from the Market, and you don't need to QuickPull after every install, I came to Android from a Storm and I will never go back :)

AJFSTORM

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks sevenpowers, I hope to never hear the name Quickpull again. So then you must also pay using your phone? I've always preferred using my credit cards on-line rather than through my phone. I wouldn't even mind if they could be charged to my Verizon account.

MowDownJoe

Regular lawnmower man...
Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
If you want to browse the market via the web, there's always appbrain.com. Still can't pay for paid apps through them, but it does let you queue up app installs for your phone through your browser with the help of their corresponding app.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11