As of a couple of days ago, I can not get my Google Play apps to update anymore. What happens is that if you select to Update one app or Update All, it starts the process like it's going to update, and then just stops. Then if you click on Update again, absolutely nothing happens. If you click on an individual app in the pending apps to update list, then click update, it just says 'pending' forever.

I've tried every single troubleshooting step/known fix that there is from all the research I've done. Yes, I cleared all of my data/cache, uninstalled updates, set my apps to update on any network. I even updated the app back to the newest version after I've uninstalled updates, etc, etc, and nothing works, the same issue. Here is a good article that lists many of the steps I've tried: https://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/how-to-resolve-the-play-store-download-pending-issue

I've NEVER had an issue with my Google Play before. I'd appreciate any help if you know something else will work.

~FGN
    04-22-2021 11:53 PM
    I know you said you tried all the usual steps, but just to be sure -- you cleared data/cache of both the Play Store app and​ the Download Manager system app?
    04-23-2021 12:28 AM
    I know you said you tried all the usual steps, but just to be sure -- you cleared data/cache of both the Play Store app and​ the Download Manager system app?
    Hi, thank you for getting back. I didn't clear the cache in the Download Manager system app before, but since you just suggested it, I just did, and I'm still having the issue.
    04-23-2021 12:36 AM
    How about in Safe Mode?

Try also Reset Network Settings.
    04-23-2021 12:54 AM
    How about in Safe Mode?

Try also Reset Network Settings.
    Just tried, and both of those didn't work either.
    04-23-2021 01:19 AM
    I just tried reverting back to the oldest version by uninstalling updates, but now none of my installed apps are even appearing in Google Play. I thought maybe there was a way to sync my apps in my account with my phone, but didn't see it under Settings > Accounts & Sync. Do you know how I can get my installed apps to appear again in Google Play? Thank you.
    04-23-2021 02:16 AM
    Which device u having this issue?
    04-23-2021 10:08 AM
    Which device u having this issue?
    Hi, it's an HTC U11. Never had an issue with GP until recently, or any app for that matter. Unfortunately, GP is the the most important app of them all since we depend upon it to update all the others.
    04-23-2021 10:13 PM
    Hi, it's an HTC U11. Never had an issue with GP until recently, or any app for that matter. Unfortunately, GP is the the most important app of them all since we depend upon it to update all the others.
    Hi, thanks
    Now you try just using Wi-Fi then turning wifi off and using just mobile data? Your not using a VPN? Ad guard?
    04-23-2021 10:28 PM
    Hi, thanks
    Now you try just using Wi-Fi then turning wifi off and using just mobile data? Your not using a VPN? Ad guard?
    Yes, I tried that (data with WiFi turned off), and still the same issue. And no, I am not using a VPN or Ad guard.
    04-23-2021 10:49 PM
    Yes, I tried that (data with WiFi turned off), and still the same issue. And no, I am not using a VPN or Ad guard.
    Play store not in beta ?
    Also go to settings>system apps and Google services clear data and cache
    04-23-2021 10:56 PM
    Play store not in beta ?
    Also go to settings>system apps and Google services clear data and cache
    No, not in beta, and yes, I've done all of that several times (cleared data and cache).
    04-23-2021 10:58 PM
    No, not in beta, and yes, I've done all of that several times (cleared data and cache).
    It's important to do the force stop.

You sign out your google account on the device then back in ?
    04-23-2021 11:06 PM
    It's important to do the force stop.

You sign out your google account on the device then back in ?
    No, I didn't force stop, and yes, I signed out and signed back into my Google account.
    04-23-2021 11:07 PM
    No, I didn't force stop, and yes, I signed out and signed back into my Google account.
    You might end up doing a factory reset
    04-23-2021 11:35 PM
    You might end up doing a factory reset
    Yeah, I know that's the last resort, but I'll get a new phone before I ever do that. I'm not going to do that. Thank you for your help.
    04-23-2021 11:37 PM
    Yeah, I know that's the last resort, but I'll get a new phone before I ever do that. I'm not going to do that. Thank you for your help.
    Your welcome!
    fullgrownnut likes this.
    04-23-2021 11:37 PM
    Update On My Issue:

I've been waiting for each Google Play app version update since I've been having this issue (by manually downloading the APK file), to see after an update, if I still had the issue. After about two GP app updates ago, I was able to get my apps to update only by initiating app updates, then closing out the program and opening it up, over and over again. It was a pain, but it was the only way I was able to get apps to update for some reason.

Well, with this last GP app update, which is version 25.2.22, I'm able to download and install app updates normally on their own, without having to open and close the program. So evidently, the issue I was having was due to some type of incompatibility with my phone, which started happening after about GP version 25.0.31 update. They must have gotten word that some users were having issues like myself and fixed it with the latest version update.
    05-07-2021 04:09 AM
    Update On My Issue:

I've been waiting for each Google Play app version update since I've been having this issue (by manually downloading the APK file), to see after an update, if I still had the issue. After about two GP app updates ago, I was able to get my apps to update only by initiating app updates, then closing out the program and opening it up, over and over again. It was a pain, but it was the only way I was able to get apps to update for some reason.

Well, with this last GP app update, which is version 25.2.22, I'm able to download and install app updates normally on their own, without having to open and close the program. So evidently, the issue I was having was due to some type of incompatibility with my phone, which started happening after about GP version 25.0.31 update. They must have gotten word that some users were having issues like myself and fixed it with the latest version update.
    I am glad you got it sorted
    05-07-2021 05:02 AM
    I am glad you got it sorted
    Thank you, I appreciate it.
    05-07-2021 05:05 AM
    Update On My Issue:

Glad it finally worked out
    05-08-2021 06:50 PM
    Glad it finally worked out
    Thank you, I appreciate it.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    05-08-2021 07:39 PM