What is the best Shopping List application? 3Q11 Update.
    07-12-2011 12:31 AM
    Best is always highly subjective regardless of topic. Qualify exactly what you mean by best or else it's a fairly meaningless word. What are the important features that you want/need? What do you not care about?

I personally prefer Our Groceries because it allows for cross-platform list sharing in real time (wife has an IP4) and works well for me. Of course, if that's not important to you then my recommendation isn't really germane. Help us to help you. If one single app was universally best then everyone would be using it and you wouldn't even need to ask.
    07-12-2011 10:53 AM
    I'm liking Ziplist these days. They have both Android and iPhone clients, both sync to a web account. You can share lists, and anyone in the share can update from phone or web so that all other users see the changes in near real time. Fun to split up in a store and check off stuff and have it update you're family members' lists.
    07-12-2011 11:52 AM
    Well I do not need to really have a cloud sync feature, but might use it on occasion. I would like to sync to my PC though. The main features I was looking for are:

- simple way to start and add to a shopping list.
    - customize my own lists and shopping, we try not to buy hundreds and thousands of items in a month,haha
    - backs up to PC or SD Card.
    - can add new stores
    - can add new categories as needed.

I am sure I can think of other features as well given enough time.
    07-12-2011 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD