I have an HTC Thunderbolt and have tried using Y5 to manage my WiFi over the last few days. It successfully turns on WiFi after I establish a known network, but it will not turn WiFi off. When I leave an area, I go into Y5 and see that it will say nearby and then out of network (or whatever it says), but the WiFi does not go off. In the phone settings it just says disconnected, but it still searches for WiFi.

Am I missing something? The Thunderbolt has Froyo, but I was having problems with Y5 turning off WiFi both before an after a recent system update.

I've used Tasker and whatnot to manage WiFi... but I'm really just looking for something ultra lightweight to manage it for me.
    07-12-2011 07:58 AM
    I have an HTC Thunderbolt and have tried using Y5 to manage my WiFi over the last few days. It successfully turns on WiFi after I establish a known network, but it will not turn WiFi off. When I leave an area, I go into Y5 and see that it will say nearby and then out of network (or whatever it says), but the WiFi does not go off. In the phone settings it just says disconnected, but it still searches for WiFi.

Am I missing something? The Thunderbolt has Froyo, but I was having problems with Y5 turning off WiFi both before an after a recent system update.

I've used Tasker and whatnot to manage WiFi... but I'm really just looking for something ultra lightweight to manage it for me.
    So, in case anyone reads this... I've given up on Y5 and am going to be trying Auto WiFi Enabler: https://market.android.com/details?i...utils.autowifi

Will report back
    07-12-2011 12:46 PM
    So, in case anyone reads this... I've given up on Y5 and am going to be trying Auto WiFi Enabler: https://market.android.com/details?i...utils.autowifi

Will report back
    I also had no luck wth y5 but great luck with WiFi enabler. Let me low if you run in to any issues.
    07-13-2011 02:42 AM
    I also had no luck wth y5 but great luck with WiFi enabler. Let me low if you run in to any issues.
    I like how you can map a known network and then (I guess) bring in the constraints of where it remembers it? I am not sure if this works, but if I tap on the circle on the map, it opens up a menu that lets me move a slider up or down for accuracy of meters. I was noticing that the "remember area" was rather large and I could literally leave my house and be driving for 5-10 minutes before it disables my WiFi. I understand that is how it works due to the cell towers and whatnot... but would be nice if this feature works as I think it does.
    07-13-2011 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD