swype keyboard...

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
i just downloaded the swype keyboard that is available here on the AC site. i followed all of the provided instructions, the keyboard loads and i can use it to the sense that i can see it when i want to type in an sms. but when i go to use the keyboard for what it was intended, swyping...it just doesnt work. Any suggestions for me?:)

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the link, but it still doesnt work. when im done swyping. the keys get highlited with a blue box and i get no text??? do i need to keep the android keyboard input method activated within the language and keyboard settings?

solideliquid

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the same problems. When I start the swype keyboard after installation a dialog box pops up saying something about needing to upgrade the app?

Guess they've taken away the free.

Ronbo#AC

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
Try long pressing in one of the text boxes of your sms or gmail, change the input method back to the android keyboard. Then long press again changing the input method back to swype. If it works you may have to repeat this each time you reboot your phone to get swype to work, at least I do.

Dapke36

Jan 4, 2010
Visit site
The inability to swype is something the builders put in to "disable" it if its not an official version.

Basically you either need to re-enable as Ronbo said, or actually get the actual beta, and not a cracked version.

patch8908

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I dont think that one will work for the incredible the resolution is different try it and let us know I have a couple of other links I'll post when I get home

Last edited:

xesso

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I've just started using swype and I'm not typing as fast as I do normally would but I do like it. hopefully I can make it past the learning curve

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I only wish Swype supported Voice Input. I think I'm going back to the HTC Keyboard until Swype adds Voice. Does anyone know if its even planned?

That is the one feature I need but it's missing. Based on what I have read, they just do not have the resources to support us. By the looks of it, the beta test has stalled.

DeeMat

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
I've just started using swype and I'm not typing as fast as I do normally would but I do like it. hopefully I can make it past the learning curve

You will get better with every swype. I got so used to it that I can no longer tap ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781