07-25-2011 04:20 PM
34 12
tools
    my facebook app on my htc inspire is having issues, it shows the newsfeed but its all mixed up and not in chronological order, for example a post from 3 days ago will appear at the top of the feed rather than the newest update. i checked the app on my samsung captivate and its the same issue. i cleared the cache and cleared the data on both phones and it worked like normal for a little while but is now doing the same thing. anyone else having this problem?
    07-13-2011 05:48 PM
    I can't tell what's worse. The app or the website. I don't have that issue though. (That I noticed).
    07-13-2011 05:50 PM
    My newsfeed in the app was acting all funky. I just noticed that there was an update to the app which seems to haave fixed it for me
    07-13-2011 06:43 PM
    yea i saw the update but still no luck for me on either phone, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same deal, it will work the first time i open the app but when i close it and go back into it, its all out of whack.
    07-13-2011 06:49 PM
    The way the news feed is handled is weird. It looks identical to the mobile site. And here's what I've found:

I uninstalled the app and re-installed. The old news feed was initially there. Then, the new news feed appeared the next time I looked at it.

And I believe I've figured out your issue. The new news feed allows both news feed types. On the top right corner you can select Top news, most recent, status updates, photos, Links, pages, events, and videos.

My guess is your is selected to top news instead of most recent which is what your looking for.
    Orion72, stevo82 and silver02 like this.
    07-13-2011 06:57 PM
    Yeah, look in the top right corner of the app

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-13-2011 07:05 PM
    ....well i feel like an *****, haha, that indeed was the issue sir! cant believe i overlooked that, thank you for your help!
    07-13-2011 07:05 PM
    ....well i feel like an *****, haha, that indeed was the issue sir! cant believe i overlooked that, thank you for your help!
    I can see how you did, lol. It looks identical to the way it looked before there was an option. Except now there is that "line" simulating it's a button. Which is hard to distinguish when you don't know it's there in the first place and was never.
    07-13-2011 07:09 PM
    Glad u got yer issue sorted. I didn't :-( the Facebook app just doesn't work for me. In fact, it failed at a rather crucial time. Everytome I opened the app, it told me I had no messages. One day, I go to the site and find that I had a message FOR SEVERAL DAYS. It really sucked because it was the type of message that if u don't answer it rout away, it looks like u were trying not to respond :-( I don't use the app, anymore. I saved a bookmark to my homescreen and just tap that instead now.
    07-14-2011 08:44 AM
    Since the update, my Facebook force closes every time I try to open it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. When I uninstalled the update, it loaded, but won't update my newsfeed. I guess it's Seesmic for me!
    07-14-2011 03:48 PM
    Since the update, my Facebook force closes every time I try to open it. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it several times. When I uninstalled the update, it loaded, but won't update my newsfeed. I guess it's Seesmic for me!
    Have u gone into manage applications and cleared cache and app data
    bhameyedoc likes this.
    07-14-2011 03:59 PM
    Just another reason I am trying to get all my friends over to Google+. Their first try at their app is better by far than the newest Facebook app.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk
    07-14-2011 04:08 PM
    I just wish there was a way to default the selection to most recent as opposed to top news. Everytime I close the app it goes back to Top News when I reopen it.
    07-14-2011 09:26 PM
    Have u gone into manage applications and cleared cache and app data
    Thanks. That did the trick!
    07-15-2011 03:46 PM
    I just wish there was a way to default the selection to most recent as opposed to top news. Everytime I close the app it goes back to Top News when I reopen it.
    Has anyone figured out a way to fix this? It's so annoying to have to change from "top news" to "most recent" every time. If I check "most recent," it will stay that way for a few minutes, but when I check 30 minutes or an hour later, it's back to "top news."
    07-20-2011 01:34 PM
    Everyone should just save themselves the hassle and move over to Friendcaster for their facebook app. I'm sick of the official app being worthless. I paid for friendcaster pro and haven't looked back
    07-20-2011 03:43 PM
    Everyone should just save themselves the hassle and move over to Friendcaster for their facebook app. I'm sick of the official app being worthless. I paid for friendcaster pro and haven't looked back
    Does froendscaster pro sync DB contact phone numbers?
    07-21-2011 05:04 AM
    Does froendscaster pro sync DB contact phone numbers?
    No, but neither does the official app with stock android anymore
    07-21-2011 07:44 AM
    No, but neither does the official app with stock android anymore
    Yes it does.
    07-23-2011 05:18 AM
    Yes it does.
    I had read that it is not working in latest releases because of the fighting Google and Facebook are doing. You can't do it on the Nexus S with the stock ROM
    07-23-2011 06:14 AM
    I had read that it is not working in latest releases because of the fighting Google and Facebook are doing. You can't do it on the Nexus S with the stock ROM
    It works, just not well. Lol
    07-23-2011 02:34 PM
    It works, just not well. Lol
    Um, no, it doesn't. There's no option to integrate your facebook friends into your contacts. There are a few threads with other options in the Nexus S forums, none of them particularly good
    07-23-2011 02:49 PM
    Um, no, it doesn't. There's no option to integrate your facebook friends into your contacts. There are a few threads with other options in the Nexus S forums, none of them particularly good
    I didn't say integrate, I said sync. And main window> bottom left button> preferences> scroll all the way down> sync all
    07-23-2011 03:22 PM
    I didn't say integrate, I said sync. And main window> bottom left button> preferences> scroll all the way down> sync all
    Sync as in birthdays, phone #s, and pics? I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing here, but if those things are what you're referring to, Google intentionally broke it. Doesn't work on stock android.

Edit : Let me clarify. It doesn't work on the Nexus S and will not work on any future full Google phones. They left it intact on the Nexus One. There is a sticky in the Nexus S forums.
    07-23-2011 03:32 PM
    Has anyone noticed that birthdays aren't in your events in the app anymore? They used to be on my DX, now I've got a D3 and they aren't in there. If anyone knows what this is all about, I'd appreciate it!
    07-24-2011 08:55 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD