Why the system menu language was not changed in full?

Sep 15, 2021
Visit site
Phone: Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Model: SM-G998UZKEXAA
The language was changed from English (US) to Russian, but the phone system menu still remain in English. The language row, under the language bar have an entries: may not be available in some apps.
Is any chance to change all menu of the phone to Russian language or this is not possible to do due to phone have US version android?
Brgds,
Dmitrii

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hello, welcome to AC!

If you go to settings >general management >language >upper right corner the 3 dots choose this then choose all language Screenshot_20210914-211907_Settings.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I just tried it on my Galaxy A32 5G, and get the same result. As noted in that little disclaimer "May not be available in some apps," it appears that less common languages can't be applied to system menus. If I select Spanish (which is very common in the US), that changes the system language to Spanish. This might also be dependent on the region your phone was intended for. It may be that the variant intended for Russia has the ability to change the system language to Russia, while the US version doesn't.

Sep 15, 2021
Visit site
Dear Gent's, good evening!
If I am understand correctly, there are no any chance to change the system language to Russian in US version smartphone ?
The US samsung support and Russian samsung support have different points of view: one of them say; " just wait for updates ", the other one say the you should ask for other support ( it is not clear what he mean is ).
Are you have any ideas on how this can be managed by ?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
If I am understand correctly, there are no any chance to change the system language to Russian in US version smartphone ?
The US samsung support and Russian samsung support have different points of view: one of them say; " just wait for updates ", the other one say the you should ask for other support ( it is not clear what he mean is ).
If it doesn't change in system settings then no , i dont think even a update will change this.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can you return the device from Amazon and get one in your region?

Sep 15, 2021
Visit site
Negative! I am not able to return back device to Amazon.
Many thanks for your kind support and assistance!
You and your colleague do good job additionally to your daily routines.
All the best to this internet platform.
Brgds,
Dmitrii

KiwiBird97

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
When looking at the demo units at Best Buy, I found out that Russian IS in fact supported on the US firmware for Wi-Fi only tablets, but not on cellular devices. This includes the Tab S3 and newer devices.
(Wi-Fi only tablets since the Tab S6 only have two CSCs: International (OXM) and Mainland China (CHN). North America (US & Canada) and South Korea have been added to the OXM CSC since then.)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may be that the tablets are made for more widespread regions, while the phones have to be more specific. The absolute number of phones Samsung manufacturers must be orders higher than the number of tablets, so it would make sense that they would have to make the tablet firmware more compatible throughout the world.