Couple reasons why i onky can get ee2e on pixel 4 eith some contacts with RCS enabled

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Samsung has the Google message app collaboration with Samsung , it looks like google icon app from outside but gives little bit of One UI feel with end to end encryption s21 and up come with this and im using the APK on my Note20U
Just so your aware of this .

Oh, so can you confirm that you get the encryption icon when chatting with someone using Google Messages? Also, what if it's someone using an older Samsung phone? I'm still hanging onto this possible explanation because it seems to jibe with what I see on my phone. On a couple of message threads with people who I know have Pixels, I see the encryption icon, but with another person who I'm pretty sure has a Samsung phone, I see the dark blue message backgrounds of RCS chat but no encryption icon.

Also, you say it looks like the Google icon from the outside -- but what about the Samsung Messages app? My A32 5G came with both.

anon(10753934)

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
Ok so to get this right which i thought was the case has Samsung intergrated with google ?

Its only Samsung Users im having no e2ee with well two atm

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
mustang7757 is more of the Samsung guru than I am, but I suggest testing this with your Samsung friends -- ask them to start a messaging chat with you via Google Messages (and not the Samsung Messages app), and see if the encryption icon shows up then.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Oh, so can you confirm that you get the encryption icon when chatting with someone using Google Messages? Also, what if it's someone using an older Samsung phone? I'm still hanging onto this possible explanation because it seems to jibe with what I see on my phone. On a couple of message threads with people who I know have Pixels, I see the encryption icon, but with another person who I'm pretty sure has a Samsung phone, I see the dark blue message backgrounds of RCS chat but no encryption icon.

Also, you say it looks like the Google icon from the outside -- but what about the Samsung Messages app? My A32 5G came with both.
I can confirm with another person using Google messages or pixel as my pixel 5 it has end to end encryption, now on my other Samsung devices they have Samsung stock messages app without rcs so rules out them and i dont have anyone to confirm if it works with other Samsung message app that have rcs , my opinion probably not as carriers had their own rcs flare . By next year pretty much Samsung going with Google messages as t-mobile,Att,Verizon now going drop their rcs and go google .

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Ok so to get this right which i thought was the case has Samsung intergrated with google ?

Its only Samsung Users im having no e2ee with well two atm
If your texting with a Samsung user with stock Samsung app with rcs you might get chat indicators but not end to end encryption but cant test to verify.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
On my A32 5G, I see that interface in the Samsung Messages app, but instead of the Google Messages icon at the lower right, I see the Samsung Messages icon. If I make the Google Messages app the default SMS app, it looks just like the Google Messages app on my Pixel 3a XL.

anon(10753934)

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
Yes seem to be right fellas something about the Samsung App enables features though not e2ee it seems.
Im using Jibe as my carrier doesnt supply im guessing. I had this feature on my pixel xl too same issue.

anon(10753934)

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
Note that Google Message’s E2EE only kicks in when both members in a conversation are using the latest version of the app on devices and mobile networks that support RCS messaging.

As you said B.diddy & Mustang7757

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc