View Poll Results: Vote for Best Security App

12. You may not vote on this poll
  • PhoneLocator Pro (RVO ~$2.78)

0 0%
  • Security Pro (AVG ~$4.99)

0 0%
  • Norton Mobile Security BETA (NortonMobile ~$FREE)

0 0%
  • Lookout Mobile Security (Lookout ~$FREE & Premium)

7 58.33%
  • Kaspersky Mobile Security (Kapersky ~$9.95)

0 0%
  • Lost Phone ( ~$FREE)

0 0%
  • Wheres My Droid (alienmanfc6 ~$FREE)

1 8.33%
  • WatchDroid Lite(Androgone Dev ~$Free)

0 0%
  • WatchDroid Pro (Androgone Dev ~$1.94)

0 0%
  • Other: Please Post

4 33.33%
    Hey Everyone,

I am new to android and can't help but love the Top App threads. They have been a lot of help in weeding out potential apps.

In honor of this category of threads I have gotten the green light to start a thread for best "Security App". There seems to be quite a few potential candidates that include remote lock, remote locator, remote alarm, virus scans or some combination of those. I will try to list as many as I can find that fulfill these requirements. Apologies in advance if I leave any good programs out of the loop.

Some things to consider when you vote:

• Ram Usage
    • Battery Usage
    • Price vs. Feature Comparison (FREE?!?!)
    • Reliability

Thanks in advance. I look forward to seeing everyone's input!
    07-14-2011 09:25 AM
    Look out no question its the best and is free.
    07-14-2011 11:29 AM
    Haven't found one that will "find my phone" when background sync is off (and it's off 95% of the time). And I seldom have GPS on, so that also increases the odds of a lost or stolen phone. So I feel they all just waste my app space.
    07-14-2011 10:32 PM
    I've been pretty happy with the ESET option available. Love their desktop software which is why i gave it a shot. Low on resources and stays quiet. Then again I havent ever done anything to my phone that would really test an app like these.
    07-14-2011 11:03 PM
    +1 for EMS (ESET Mobile Security). Very thorough and not a resource or battery hog. As stated above, a trusted company in the PC arena. It is currently free but still considered Beta. There may be a cost for use in the future.
    07-15-2011 02:31 PM