Noob App Question

crichton007

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I've searched and not found an answer for this so if there already is please forgive me. If I buy an app for an Android phone how do I get that app on a new phone when I upgrade or if I have to get a replacement? I know how an iPhone does it but how is that done on Android?

Complex Pants

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I believe it is tied to your google account. So when you change to a new phone and put in your google account and password it should allow you to download your old apps for free.

noaim

Dec 13, 2008
Visit site
I believe it is tied to your google account. So when you change to a new phone and put in your google account and password it should allow you to download your old apps for free.

I sure hope your correct... has anyone actually tried uninstalling a purchased app and reinstalling it?

fatsack

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I sure hope your correct... has anyone actually tried uninstalling a purchased app and reinstalling it?

i have, i purchased a app on the hero and within my 30 days i returned it for a moment, once you sync your google all your phone numbers comeback and you can go back to the market and download your previous paid apps again for free

crichton007

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Awesome. I asked Verizon (a store rep and a phone CS rep) and was told that wasn't possible but one comment on the Android forum at Google said you could but it hadn't been verified so I wanted to ask people who would likely know. Now that I know someone has done it I feel a little better about buying more apps. My wife probably won't though.

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
that's some good info to know. when i get my incredible tomorrow i might go download happy and start downloading apps for the hell of it, but realistically that won't happen. when i get a newer android phone next year i will know i can do this with no problem....