Is there an Android Equivalent to...

WatermelonSlim

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So I am currently using Sprinte Terminator on Windows Mobile:
Sprite Mobile - Terminator - Find Your Lost Phone - Remotely Wipe Your Data

Is there an Android equivalent? Preferably something that doesn;t show you that it is installed or in use.

That way if your phone gets stolen you can track it without the thief knowing. It's also great for keeping tabs on my teenage kids.

Does Android have something liek that? Or do all of the Android apps show you that they are installed and show you when it is tracking your location?

fallonjp

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Mobile Defense and iTag are the two for Android that I know of. iTag I think is for 1.6 and above. I have Mobile Defense installed on my phone but haven't tested it out yet. It removes itself from your application list when choosing to add a new program to your homescreen but if you go into the Market and look at a list of your downloads it will appear there. As far as I know if you are running it remotely it will not show that you are running it on the phone.

TheReclinerJockey

Nov 16, 2009
Visit site
I use Lookout. It is noticeable in the apps because it does three tasks: anti-virus, contacts/picture backup and remote recovery, but I don't know if it shows when it's being tracked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol