Being new to smartphones in general...what does a Podcast APP do for me anyhow? Do they download automatically to my device? Are they hard to set up? Do I have to choose from a set list? Or can I make my own? Ex: Android Central / Engadget / Mark Hoppus....etc. Can someone point me in the right direction with what Podcast App I should go with, what it does, and why I should choose that one? Continuously downloading then mounting to the droid is getting a bit stale.
    04-27-2010 01:35 AM
    a good app would be Doggcatcher for many reasons the most important feature is how automated it is once you get your favorite podcasts added (which is also easy see below)... it will automatically scan through your list of podcast for updates and if it finds one it could download it via the cell network or if you would like you can have it download only while on wifi which is very easy to choose.

you can add by searching (using the menu button)
    if you can't find it by searching, which isn't very common, you could add it using the RSS feed address

It can handle both audio and video podcasts, which i find rather handy. I'm new to the android OS using a moto droid and this was one of the few things I find very very useful, i'd put it in my top 10 apps to get. All in all one of the best apps for the device I use it every day and rely on it to keep me entertained while i'm at work (3rd shift computer support).

as an aside here are some of podcasts i listen to: engadget, diggnation, totally rad show, smodcast, tell em steve dave, this week in tech and IGN.com - podcast beyond.
    04-27-2010 06:51 AM
    I just use Tune sync so I can just sync my iTunes up. It works pretty good. Doggcatcher is too clunky and confusing for me. I was using Streaming podcast but I can't find it now since I rooted to 2.1
    04-27-2010 08:39 AM
    Take a look at any number of these.
    04-27-2010 12:02 PM
    your my new hero!
    04-28-2010 12:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD