I'm looking for an app where I can do the following:

I want to buy say a plasma tv. I put the word "plasma" into the app and it searches the deal websites (slickdeals, etc) and gives me the results. However, it also continues to leave the word in as a search until I choose to remove it and when I open the app it finds new deals with the word "plasma" or does a background search on a set interval for the word "plasma" in the deals. I just came over from webos and was using an app called dealert that did this wonderfully....it is an app I am really missing. If there is something out there please, please let me know. Here is the link for dealert if that is helpful
    Dealert | The #1 HP webOS, TouchPad, Pre, and Veer Community | PreCentral.net
    07-17-2011 10:31 PM
    Nothing like this then?
    07-19-2011 12:28 PM
    Google shoping might be a option
    07-19-2011 01:24 PM
    Does google shopping let you specify a keyword or item.
    07-22-2011 12:03 AM
    i also would love something like this (also had dealert) i can't find a similar app in the android market - anyone have any ideas if there is a 'tracker' type shopping app available?
    08-17-2011 10:04 AM
    I'm not overly familar with dealert, but check out Shopsavvy. It has:

• A deals section
    • Barcode scanner
    • Search
    • Shows you the best local price and the best online price for a product
    • Save products into lists (like "Anniversary Ideas" or "Mom's Christmas Ideas" or create your own)
    • Set up alerts to be notified when a product reaches a certain price-point

Hope that helps.
    eddieras likes this.
    08-17-2011 10:26 AM
    thanks- i just played around with shopsavvy but can't figure out how to set up an alert- i don't see that option- thanks for the assistance!
    08-17-2011 10:38 AM
    thanks- i just played around with shopsavvy but can't figure out how to set up an alert- i don't see that option- thanks for the assistance!
    D'oh. My bad. Apparently this was removed in v4: What happened to the old Price Alert Function?

Sorry....I thought it was still there.
    08-17-2011 10:47 AM
    ahh too bad! no worries= your post did just help me save $30 on a pair of merrell's!
    08-17-2011 10:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD