Hilton app not going to log in screen

rhlongo

Aug 17, 2022
Visit site
Android S20 - when I hit the "Sign In" button on the app to go to the sign in screen it just spins and says "please wait". not a password or sign in issue for I can go on the website and log in. started a couple of weeks ago with the last update. App worked fine before update

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Try going to Settings>Apps, then selecting Hilton, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data, and Force Stop. Now open again and try to sign in.

Carlos Carranza

Jan 24, 2023
Visit site
Android S20 - when I hit the "Sign In" button on the app to go to the sign in screen it just spins and says "please wait". not a password or sign in issue for I can go on the website and log in. started a couple of weeks ago with the last update. App worked fine before update

I am having the same issue with my S21 ultra. I followed the advice (Settings>Apps, then selecting Hilton, then Storage, then Clear Cache/Clear Data, and Force Stop. Now open again and try to sign in) but it still wont work. I have even un installed the app but I keep getting the please wait spin thing.

WalterBRZ

Apr 8, 2023
Visit site
I have tested it on my iPad Pro IOS system and the app works. My Samsung note 20 Ultra stopped working Feb of this year. Same issues as noted above, and same resets were done as noted, to no avail. I did a Hilton chat and they advised me to email Hilton tech support at this email address which I did today - awaiting a reply

Reactions: B. Diddy

WalterBRZ

Apr 8, 2023
Visit site
Update! Never heard back from Hilton, but my Samsung note 20 did an upgrade last night, decided to try the Hilton app on it and it works! Thank goodness. Hope the same for anyone else having the issues noted above.

WalterBRZ

Apr 8, 2023
Visit site
In case it happens again, and anyone needs this, reply from Hilton:

The IT team said they had the same issue and the below steps help fix this issue.

1. After getting the error in the app immediately force quit the app
2. Launch web browser and go to hilton.com and login there
3. Once logged in on the mobile web browser relaunch the app and try to login again

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

The IT team said they had the same issue and the below steps help fix this issue.

3. Once logged in on the mobile web browser relaunch the app and try to login again
Thanks for sharing this!

fingerbreaker

Oct 19, 2023
Visit site

These steps did not work for me. I will say that I did not adhere to the "immediately" requirement because before I found this information, I force quit the app several times, cleared storage and cache, uninstalled and reinstalled the app, rebooted my phone, etc. all several times. It's amazing to me that after completely installing and reinstalling that it could still be in this state.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you using a VPN? Does the same thing happen on both wi-fi and mobile data?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site

Same device as OP?

Try a different version from yours if this is the app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae