Lost link in Messages

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
For reasons unclear, my Pixel 6 Pro using Google Messages no longer has the link to send videos. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Messages and Google and luck restoring it. Thoughts?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you still see the camera icon next to the text entry field? If so, tap that and then Gallery. Can you select an existing video there?

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
I do not see a camera icon. When I choose a video from the gallery, no link is created. I have to into photos and share a link.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Alas, I do not. The only thing that I have not tried to gain that functionality is resetting the phone. That seems extraordinary but doable.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Sorry, wrote too fast. I do have that symbol. However in the recent past, whenever I wanted to send a video, the app would create a link. Somehow I have lost the functionality in 13 quarterly beta. Sent a note to Google.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Sorry, wrote too fast. I do have that symbol. However in the recent past, whenever I wanted to send a video, the app would create a link. Somehow I have lost the functionality in 13 quarterly beta. Sent a note to Google.
I'm lost how it send as a link ?

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Okay when I want to send a video to a non RCS enabled phone, I used to be able to send it as a link from my Google photos. I can still send it as a link from my Google photos, but I actually have to go into Google photos to do that. It used to be in settings. It would send photos as a link or videos as a link. I hope that this helps.

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
Update, The issue of the lost link has been solved. I did a data reset on the phone and it works just fine. Such are the delights of beta testing softwareScreenshot_20220922-082759.jpg

fwn

Oct 29, 2018
Visit site
You did a factory reset?
You in beta for Google message app?

Thats why i don't see it on mine.
Yes I am in Beta for Google Messages and also running the quarterly beta on A 13 with no issues. Frankly, after the factory data reset, which was not particularly painful, this P6 Pro is running even better. I guess that it pays to do a little cleaning from time to time.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yes I am in Beta for Google Messages and also running the quarterly beta on A 13 with no issues. Frankly, after the factory data reset, which was not particularly painful, this P6 Pro is running even better. I guess that it pays to do a little cleaning from time to time.
Yeah definitely helps clean out old files and run smoothly