Google Voice on Droid Incredible

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Google Voice works perfectly. Soooooooooooooo much better than on my Storm. I just wish they'd add MMS support and the ability to disable the trash function so that when I when I deleted a message it went into cyber-oblivion.

kjparfekt

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
how did you set up google voice on the incredible? do you need a special app or widget or something? I'm new to android so don't hate if this seems like a basic question.

Thanks!

nb623107

Mar 18, 2010
Visit site
App is working well for me too. I get a strange glitch when trying to exit mine though. If I'm looking at my Voicemail inbox, and I hit the back softbutton to return to the main screen it goes back for a split second, then goes back to my Voicemail inbox. After I hit back one more time, it works correctly... happens every time I open it. Anyone else experience this?

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I don't have my Evo yet so I am unsure of this. I am interested in a good GV app once I get this phone as I have had a number since it was still Grand Central i:)i

Does the Android GV app totally replace the built in phone app or do you have to launch it separately each time? When calls come in do they trigger this or the built in app? When I just want to start dialing real fast or click on a phone number in a link/contact, will it use this by default?

I am just curious how integrated it works.

rayzaname

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Does the Android GV app totally replace the built in phone app or do you have to launch it separately each time? When calls come in do they trigger this or the built in app? When I just want to start dialing real fast or click on a phone number in a link/contact, will it use this by default?

I am just curious how integrated it works.

It won't totally replace the built-in app, but you can set it to make all of your outgoing calls. Incoming calls will be handled normally, even if they're for your GV number.

If you go to call a contact, you can also set it up to always ask if you want to use GV or not. It's very integrated, yet flexible.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I would love an invite from google one day, but I will end up being one of those people, like gmail, that will have to wait for it to go public before I can get my hands on it. I've applied for beta access probably 5-6 different times with 3 different email addys. Ah well.....

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
the problem with google voice on verizon is that it burns your minutes, both incoming and outgoing calls. not a problem if your call uses minutes anyway, but any calls verizon to verizon make no sense

gburns

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm very happy with Gvoice! While translation is not 100% it is damn close, and seems to be getting better all the time. My thoughts are that you can't go that wrong with a product developed by the people with a big hand in the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kthompson9705kt