08-07-2010 06:30 AM
26 12
tools
    Anyone else running Google Voice yet? Seems to work just as well as it did on the Moto Droid.
    04-29-2010 10:34 AM
    Does that Mobile broadband connect you reference on your site require a cable? I'm wanting to use my iPad with an incredible.
    04-29-2010 10:38 AM
    Voice is running flawlessly on my HTC Incredible.
    05-05-2010 03:48 PM
    Agreed. Google Voice works perfectly. Soooooooooooooo much better than on my Storm. I just wish they'd add MMS support and the ability to disable the trash function so that when I when I deleted a message it went into cyber-oblivion.
    05-05-2010 03:52 PM
    how did you set up google voice on the incredible? do you need a special app or widget or something? I'm new to android so don't hate if this seems like a basic question.

Thanks!
    05-07-2010 08:31 AM
    how did you set up google voice on the incredible? do you need a special app or widget or something? I'm new to android so don't hate if this seems like a basic question.

Thanks!
    You need to get the app from the Market. You will also need a Google Voice account. Go to https://www.google.com/voice if you don't have a Voice account and request an invite.
    05-07-2010 11:00 AM
    Thanks rayzaname.

Reminder: Anyone thinking of asking for a voice invite in this thread will have their post deleted.
    05-07-2010 11:16 AM
    Does that Mobile broadband connect you reference on your site require a cable? I'm wanting to use my iPad with an incredible.
    That's good, I rely on GVoice for my SMSing.
    05-07-2010 11:39 AM
    Thanks rayzaname.

Reminder: Anyone thinking of asking for a voice invite in this thread will have their post deleted.
    Can somebody send me a Google Voice invite? I'd really appreciate it!
    haha... this made me laugh
    05-08-2010 02:21 PM
    haha... this made me laugh
    I know right. Some people.... :rolleyes:
    05-08-2010 04:00 PM
    App is working well for me too. I get a strange glitch when trying to exit mine though. If I'm looking at my Voicemail inbox, and I hit the back softbutton to return to the main screen it goes back for a split second, then goes back to my Voicemail inbox. After I hit back one more time, it works correctly... happens every time I open it. Anyone else experience this?
    05-09-2010 11:22 AM
    Is GVoice voicemail better than YouMail?
    05-09-2010 09:49 PM
    Is GVoice voicemail better than YouMail?
    Personally, I would have to say yes. I think GVoice voicemail is the best one that is available. Google voice is such a great service, and has come a long way. I have stopped using my YouMail in favor of gvoice voicemail.
    05-09-2010 09:51 PM
    Gonna have to give a whirl now. I have GVoice just never had a reason to use it.
    05-10-2010 01:44 AM
    Made the switch and the UI is better. Functionality better....but I do miss the greetings. I'm going to stick with Voice though.
    05-10-2010 05:15 AM
    Hi, I don't have my Evo yet so I am unsure of this. I am interested in a good GV app once I get this phone as I have had a number since it was still Grand Central ii

Does the Android GV app totally replace the built in phone app or do you have to launch it separately each time? When calls come in do they trigger this or the built in app? When I just want to start dialing real fast or click on a phone number in a link/contact, will it use this by default?

I am just curious how integrated it works.
    05-10-2010 01:23 PM
    Does the Android GV app totally replace the built in phone app or do you have to launch it separately each time? When calls come in do they trigger this or the built in app? When I just want to start dialing real fast or click on a phone number in a link/contact, will it use this by default?

I am just curious how integrated it works.
    It won't totally replace the built-in app, but you can set it to make all of your outgoing calls. Incoming calls will be handled normally, even if they're for your GV number.

If you go to call a contact, you can also set it up to always ask if you want to use GV or not. It's very integrated, yet flexible.
    05-10-2010 01:33 PM
    Yeah I would love an invite from google one day, but I will end up being one of those people, like gmail, that will have to wait for it to go public before I can get my hands on it. I've applied for beta access probably 5-6 different times with 3 different email addys. Ah well.....
    05-10-2010 07:16 PM
    the problem with google voice on verizon is that it burns your minutes, both incoming and outgoing calls. not a problem if your call uses minutes anyway, but any calls verizon to verizon make no sense
    05-10-2010 08:10 PM
    I'm very happy with Gvoice! While translation is not 100% it is damn close, and seems to be getting better all the time. My thoughts are that you can't go that wrong with a product developed by the people with a big hand in the phone.
    05-10-2010 08:41 PM
    I can't get a copy onto my Storm2. Successfully installed GV on my Storm1 but Google wouldn't issue me an account. Any way to get an invitation?
    05-12-2010 01:17 AM
    the problem with google voice on verizon is that it burns your minutes, both incoming and outgoing calls. not a problem if your call uses minutes anyway, but any calls verizon to verizon make no sense
    I was wondering if I added my GV number to the friends and family list if the calls made through GV would not burn minutes.
    05-12-2010 03:59 AM
    it would probably work i imagine, but it doesn't actually call your gv number when you use it. for me here in nj it uses some 609 area code number that i'm pretty sure changes based on how they want to route it. make a call using gv and at the top of the screen it will flash with a message telling you what number it's dialing to before completing your call. if you can add THAT number to the friends and family it might work...
    05-12-2010 08:30 AM
    Can I ask how to dial out using my google voice number? I want to do the friends and family thing (it works), but I don't know how to dial out using google voice. Thanks for any help
    08-06-2010 03:00 PM
    Can I ask how to dial out using my google voice number? I want to do the friends and family thing (it works), but I don't know how to dial out using google voice. Thanks for any help
    When you set up your Google voice account, you can choose to always dial out with Google voice, never dial out with Google voice, or be asked on every call whether Google voice should be used or not. Keep in mind, however, that with the update that was recently pushed out, the "Google number" that is displayed for outgoing calls is likely to differ for each contact. I chose to have Google ask me each time because I want my Google number for all business and other non-personal calls. Your mileage may vary. Hope this helps.
    08-07-2010 12:08 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD