Finally it arrives....I haven't gotten a chance to fully test it out. My main concern is how it will impact the battery on my Nexus one.

But it's exciting that we're getting semi-flash capable software. What do you guys think?
    04-29-2010 03:45 PM
    Phil showed it off in a video on the front page if anyone's interested.
    04-29-2010 03:51 PM
    Well I'm absolutely impressed. If you dig into the NYtimes videos , you'll see they use some kind of cool and different interface than say youtube.
    04-29-2010 07:23 PM
    I've been using this app all day..AMAZING!! Lightning fast, FLASH, for videos u can click n expand no hold up..easy to ZOOM OUT n ZOOM OUT...etc,..
    04-29-2010 09:41 PM
    diggin it so far. only used it on wi-fi so far, so i am curious to see how quickly desktop pages/videos load on 3G
    04-29-2010 10:41 PM
    I've only tried 3G so I'm excited to test it out on wifi. It's at least somewhat faster than stock I think on 3G, but I'm not very good at judging the speeds.
    04-29-2010 10:57 PM
    I downloaded this morning, it worked fine...a definite wow factor. I used it for awhile and really liked it. I had the phone in my pocket all day, and now when I attempt to open...constant force close. I rebooted, uninstalled and reinstalled, pulled the battery. Still force close on attempted opening.

So hello Dolphin untill this sorts out.
    04-29-2010 11:26 PM
    I have only tried on 3G and liked the results. Its pretty darn handy and cool. It loads the full espn page maybe a bit faster then the stock browser but also loads the video. The pinch zooming is not as good as the stock browser but this is still a beta. Overall definitely worth a try and could be used as the go to browser if you like its set up. The way it displays multiple pages I think is better then stock ( you can see the pages and scroll through unlike stock which is in list form).

This is definitely staying on my phone and I am looking forward to the final version.
    04-29-2010 11:27 PM
    I installed this last night, lets see how it fares so far:

1.5 MB of space - check
    Little buggy and slow on my Hero - check
    Force closed on me once - check
    No pinch to zoom on 1.5 - check
    Uses more data than Opera Mini - check
    (I'm stuck with a 100MB data plan for now, keep in mind)
    Allows me to watch Zero Punctuation on my phone - CHECK !!!

Seriously now, great concept, it just needs some work and bugfixes. And a little optimization for those of us with slower phones. The only problem is I don't really see myself using it daily. It can't beat Opera Mini in terms of data usage and that's very important for me until I can switch to a much needed larger data plan, and the stock browser handles most of the pages I visit well while on Wi-Fi. If I really need to go to a page that's really not mobile friendly, I do that from a computer usually.
    04-30-2010 04:55 AM
    I installed this last night, lets see how it fares so far:

Little buggy and slow on my Hero - check

Allows me to watch Zero Punctuation on my phone - CHECK !!!

LOL The first thing I could think of watching was Zero Punctuation. Its slow on my Eris but I only plan on using it for streaming videos that the stock browser cant handle.
    04-30-2010 08:44 AM
    I prefer the stock explorer over skyfire, just couldn't really get a feel for it.
    04-30-2010 09:02 AM
    Might have to give this a try. I already tried Dolphin, liked it alot too. I'm back on the stock browser but I will try Skyfire.
    04-30-2010 09:32 AM
    I prefer the stock explorer over skyfire, just couldn't really get a feel for it.
    Thats exactly how I feel. It's a cool concept, but the look and feel of it is crap imo.
    If they could implement this into the stock browser, that would be great. Devs, get on this :P?
    04-30-2010 10:53 AM
    tried it on 3g today, and i was fairly impressed with the browser speed, even on desktop style pages. my only gripe is that it doesnt let you look at a page before all of the elements on that page are loaded
    04-30-2010 05:29 PM
    Wow, I gave it a try yesterday on my Droid and thought it was awful. By far the slowest browser I have tried. The pinch zooming was laughably bad. On my wife's old, crappy Windows Phone I loved Skyfire, but was definitely disappointed with the Android version.
    04-30-2010 09:58 PM