ADW Launcher EX: long press icon menu

flipteg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
i've been using ADW that came with Cyanogenmod 7. i like when i long press an icon, whether the icon is on the desktop or app drawer, a context menu pops up which includes application info. this is very useful when i'm going through the app drawer purging apps that i don't use anymore.

i just bought ADW EX and it seems this context menu is gone when long pressing from the app drawer. it still shows when long pressing an icon from the home screen, but long pressing from the app drawer behaves like the stock Android would in which it brings the icon to the home screen.

i've been playing around with the settings and i can't seem to find a setting to change this. i'd appreciate some help.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Don't think there's any settings to change that.
The ADW used in CM7 is a modified version from the original so maybe that's
why it act that way.

flipteg

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
hey, thanks for the reply... i figured out an alternative. when i drag an icon to the trash, even an icon straight from the app drawer, instead of dropping it immediately, if i hold the icon over the trash for about one second, a pop up will appear that says drop to uninstall.

i learned this when i read someone's comment about this feature on Launcher Pro. i decided to try it on ADW and it worked!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech