07-08-2010 11:44 PM
35 12
tools
    I'm still on a BB Storm1 and am considering making the switch. Do I understand this right, the native Media Player does not play .mp4?
    It does, I am watching an episode of BSG I ripped from my DVDs using Handbreak on my Inc right now. It won't play DRMed MP4's though, as in anything bought from the iTunes store. Same goes for music.
    05-26-2010 09:26 PM
    05-26-2010 10:12 PM
    Awesome! This is exactly what I was looking for
    05-27-2010 03:34 PM
    iTunes Agent 1.3.1, google it, there is a "how to" online, it allows you to use your internal 8gigs and your microSD slots as removable drives, you just create a folder in each of them (i.e. Droid F, Droid G) then you open iTunes, it will pick up those two folders and you just drag and drop what you want from your itunes library into them as if making a playlist. When done you right click on the taskbar icon and choose to sync. The whole process takes roughly ten minutes or so.
    05-27-2010 04:22 PM
    iTunes Agent 1.3.1, google it, there is a "how to" online, it allows you to use your internal 8gigs and your microSD slots as removable drives, you just create a folder in each of them (i.e. Droid F, Droid G) then you open iTunes, it will pick up those two folders and you just drag and drop what you want from your itunes library into them as if making a playlist. When done you right click on the taskbar icon and choose to sync. The whole process takes roughly ten minutes or so.
    Do either of you know if you can transfer movies that are bought on Itunes the same way to my DINC?

I would assume so, but wanted to know before I spent the $$ for it. Feel free to tell me of another(maybe easier way to do it as well.)
    05-31-2010 01:04 PM
    I just went from Double Twist to iSyncr. It is much better. A lot easier to use and better interface with iTunes. Double Twist is extremely slow when you have over 40gigs of music. iSyncr does add album art too. You can add videos and podcasts from iTunes also. I think this is a keeper..... at least for now.
    05-31-2010 07:29 PM
    Do either of you know if you can transfer movies that are bought on Itunes the same way to my DINC?

I would assume so, but wanted to know before I spent the $$ for it. Feel free to tell me of another(maybe easier way to do it as well.)
    Anything you buy in iTunes (movies, music, etc...) isn't going to transfer to anything other than an Apple product... unfortunately, Apple has DRM (Digital rights management) cooked into everything it sells and won't play nice on non-apple devices. I'm sure you can google how to find ways around that though... (I did.)
    06-16-2010 10:59 PM

I am using iSyncr to get movies, podcacts, and music on my Moto Droid right now.
    06-17-2010 07:47 AM
    Anything you buy in iTunes (movies, music, etc...) isn't going to transfer to anything other than an Apple product... unfortunately, Apple has DRM (Digital rights management) cooked into everything it sells and won't play nice on non-apple devices. I'm sure you can google how to find ways around that though... (I did.)
    As far as movies, this is probably true. Not true for most music sold nowadays. Apple has been moving to non-DRM music (still aac based) and with a higher bitrate (256) than before (128). Most of my previously purchased music was able to be upgraded to the new format for an additional fee ($0.30 each song I think)., and those non-DRM formatted songs play just fine on my Nexus. But it is a pain in the rear trying to get iTunes playlists, etc., transferred over. iSyncr seems to work best for me, but I'm still getting empty phantom playlists, etc. Don't know if I should just start from scratch in iTunes or another music manager, but hopefully I'll have time to look this weekend sometime.
    06-17-2010 10:01 AM
    +2 for Isyncr.

It became my 3rd paid app (after BetterCut and WeatherBug). Well worth the money. I tried DoubleTwist (ugh, slow and nothing but errors for me) and TuneSync (neat concept, but troubleshooting the connection sapped my energy). Isyncr is cheap, and it just works...flawlessly.

Try the free version (that's what I did). It is awesome. After that, it is SO easy to change playlists now. And it is fast.

my two cents.

K--
    07-08-2010 11:44 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD