No voice from SVOX Victoria after a week

mdhirsch

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I installed the SVOX Victoria British English voice hoping for an improvement over the pico voice. For about a week it seemed to work. Mostly I tested it with the SVOX Victoria voice app which worked fins. It would read out the text I entered in a nice British accent.

At some point it stopped working. I noticed that navigation didn't use Victoria, and it didn't seem to use pico. I'm not sure what it is using.

So I tried running the SVOX Victoria app again, and now it doesn't read. When I press play, the play button returns to normal after less than a second.

I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. I've turned pico on and off. I've even tried rebooting my Optimus V, but I can't make her talk at all.

Any suggestions?

I'm running stock android 2.2.1 on my Optimus V.

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited:

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Nov voice from SVOX Victoria after a week

Hi Michael -- Sorry I don't have a good answer to your question, but I did more it to the apps section for better exposure. Actually, I'm going to have to give this app a shot. I hadn't heard of it before.

baseballfanz

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site

You ever get this working?

IF you go into the TTS settings, under the SVOX settings you can adjust volume, maybe it's off?

mdhirsch

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site

You ever get this working?

IF you go into the TTS settings, under the SVOX settings you can adjust volume, maybe it's off?
No, it isn't the volume. When I try to play a sample sentence it returns almost immediately, so I can tell that it isn't trying. Also, I emailed the sample voice output to myself and the WAV file was empty. Somehow the app is totally messed up.

paul.simons

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried to upgrade the engine and/or voices? If your engine doesn't match the voice, it might work. Perhaps you have the auto-update on for the engine but not the voice.

w5cyc

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Typically, getting a woman to stifle is a good thing. But that's neither here nor there. I too have Victoria, and don't have any issues using her with any of my apps right now. But I have in the past. For me, it's usually system settings getting messed up. I have to go back in and reselect SVOX as my voice provider, then select Victoria, who frankly is just so much sexier than Grace.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692