I installed the SVOX Victoria British English voice hoping for an improvement over the pico voice. For about a week it seemed to work. Mostly I tested it with the SVOX Victoria voice app which worked fins. It would read out the text I entered in a nice British accent.

At some point it stopped working. I noticed that navigation didn't use Victoria, and it didn't seem to use pico. I'm not sure what it is using.

So I tried running the SVOX Victoria app again, and now it doesn't read. When I press play, the play button returns to normal after less than a second.

I've tried uninstalling, and reinstalling. I've turned pico on and off. I've even tried rebooting my Optimus V, but I can't make her talk at all.

Any suggestions?

I'm running stock android 2.2.1 on my Optimus V.

Thanks,

Michael
    07-29-2011 11:31 PM
    Hi Michael -- Sorry I don't have a good answer to your question, but I did more it to the apps section for better exposure. Actually, I'm going to have to give this app a shot. I hadn't heard of it before.
    07-30-2011 07:57 AM
    She's mad at you.
    07-30-2011 06:14 PM
    You ever get this working?

IF you go into the TTS settings, under the SVOX settings you can adjust volume, maybe it's off?
    08-01-2011 05:23 PM
    You ever get this working?

IF you go into the TTS settings, under the SVOX settings you can adjust volume, maybe it's off?
    No, it isn't the volume. When I try to play a sample sentence it returns almost immediately, so I can tell that it isn't trying. Also, I emailed the sample voice output to myself and the WAV file was empty. Somehow the app is totally messed up.
    08-04-2011 09:58 PM
    Have you tried to upgrade the engine and/or voices? If your engine doesn't match the voice, it might work. Perhaps you have the auto-update on for the engine but not the voice.
    05-22-2012 04:10 PM
    Typically, getting a woman to stifle is a good thing. But that's neither here nor there. I too have Victoria, and don't have any issues using her with any of my apps right now. But I have in the past. For me, it's usually system settings getting messed up. I have to go back in and reselect SVOX as my voice provider, then select Victoria, who frankly is just so much sexier than Grace.
    05-22-2012 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD