K9 email

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I'm a brand-new Android user, having just upgraded this morning from a Palm Pre to a Motorola Photon. I am a heavy email user, and trying to find my way around. A lot of folks have recommended K9, but I am also open to using the system email client. I have a couple of questions:

1) I want to be able to delete emails on the phone without losing them on the server. Yes, I know, most people seem to want to delete stuff from the server, but I like to archive my email on my home computer, and I need stuff to stay on the server for a while so I can do that. I can't find any options in K9 for how it handles deletion. Right now, I am terrified of deleting anything from the phone. Can anyone reassure me, or warn me, or whatever seems right?

2) Can I access both Gmail and random other accounts through K9?

3) How can I get K9 to "fetch"? It seems to only do that when I manually ask it to.

4) Can I disable any flashing lights or sounds from happening when I get email? I get a lot of email, and it would be really annoying to have my phone beeping all the time, not to mention, I'd have to be really careful not to take it with me to meetings. (A notification in the "drawer" is great, I want to keep that.)

5) Can K9 fake a from address? I have my own domain, and like the mail on my primary account to be "from" my domain. If so, how can I do this?

That's probably enough for now, thanks.

Puzzlegal

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Oh, one more: Can I get a widget for K9 so a summary of the top of my inbox is always open on one of the home pages? I'm used to leaving email open all the time on the Pre, and scrolling to get it, and would like to treat it similarly on this gadget if I can.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Welcome to AC! Good to hear you resolved your're first 5-questions :) Here are a two mail widgets on the market that may achieve what you are looking to do:

Mail Widget

Email Widget

If you have any questions feel free to ask.

sjamie

Grand Tech
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Is it possible to change font colors with K9? I see where I can change the font size but not the color.

If not, any other recommendations?