Sensorly vs. OpenSignalMaps

Sensorly, Open Signal Maps, or Other?

• Total voters

Nahte27

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I started using Sensorly a few days ago, as I like the idea of the project, but now I've run across Open Signal Maps which seems to be very similar to Sensorly. Now I'm not sure which one to run!

Sensorly seems to have a better map, as my area is not quite as mapped out on Open Signal Maps.

But OSM seems to have a much cleaner interface, more features, more downloads, and more ratings, which may mean it has more potential. Also, it's been updated more recently.

So I was just wondering what people around here use, and which one of these programs is the real "standard."

littlemike

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've tried both and prefer Sensorly. While OSM seems to have some potentially interesting features and data presentation, it takes FOREVER for them to update their site with contributed data. I can drive an unmapped road with Sensorly and get near immediate results on their map (assuming I allow upload over 3G/4G).

So to summarize, I'll take the responsive service of Sensorly with recent data and pretty good presentation over the PROMISE of a really nice presentation by OSM but with data that's who-knows how old (maybe even years!) and incomplete. That said, I suppose one could allow both to run? With OSM in the background and Sensorly having control of the screen?

Nahte27

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Old thread, but, I thought I would put it to rest by saying that Sensorly has been updated to 2.0 recently, and it has a slick new interface and new features. Now that it has a better UI, map, and features, Sensorly beats Open Signal Maps in pretty much every category :D