One of the few things I miss from my old Palm Pre is that the phone automatically turned any telephone number (or any other multi-digit number, which was annoying at times...) into a clickable link. So if I put a telephone number into my calendar app, or into a note, or whatever, I could just click on it and it would call that number.

Now I have to actually remember the number from my calendar app, go to the phone app, and call it. I know, I know, the horror. But it would be nice to skip that step.

Is there an app out there that will do that?

In my line of work, I go through a lot of temporary contacts: people I'll call once or twice and then never again. I don't want to actually bother putting them in my contacts: I just want to make calling them that once or twice more convenient.

Thanks!
    _Wes likes this.
    08-01-2011 09:23 AM
    Agreed. The blackberry did the same thing - it was a great feature.
    08-01-2011 10:51 AM
    Someone just told me their Incredible does this. Can someone back this up? Is this a phone-by-phone or manufacturer-by-manufacturer thing?

I have an Evo Shift, BTW.

I just want the convenience of being able to click on the phone numbers...
    08-01-2011 01:07 PM
    My Nexus one does this. Maybe look in the phone setting and see if somethings there to turn on/off
    08-01-2011 01:12 PM
    Well I am running 2.3.4 on an Atrix and using the stock calendar it does this but I use the Business Calendar and it doesn't. I haven't checked the settings on business calendar but from the posts here looks like the stock one should do it.

Julian
    08-01-2011 01:35 PM
    One of the few things I miss from my old Palm Pre is that the phone automatically turned any telephone number (or any other multi-digit number, which was annoying at times...) into a clickable link. So if I put a telephone number into my calendar app, or into a note, or whatever, I could just click on it and it would call that number.

Now I have to actually remember the number from my calendar app, go to the phone app, and call it. I know, I know, the horror. But it would be nice to skip that step.

Is there an app out there that will do that?

In my line of work, I go through a lot of temporary contacts: people I'll call once or twice and then never again. I don't want to actually bother putting them in my contacts: I just want to make calling them that once or twice more convenient.

Thanks!
    Not sure what calendar app you are using, but I have Jorte and it creates a clickable link. In addition, it has an address clickable link field which pulls up "Maps" to show you the location of your appointment or event.
    08-01-2011 01:39 PM
    There is an app that can make phone numbers clickable. You just share your appointment or text to the app.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...erparser&hl=en

It works for any browser and even with texts in the clip board.
    10-17-2013 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD