I installed Swype on my Incredible. I see the options for it under Settings/Language & Keyboard, but it's not coming up as the default keyboard. I still get the HTC keyboard.

Am I doing something wrong, or is it not working yet on the Incredible? BTW, this is the Beta version 0.35.3959.
    04-30-2010 12:47 PM
    I am using Swype with no issue. Did you change the input method from your keyboard to swype?
    04-30-2010 12:57 PM
    Well, I thought I did. But maybe I missed a setting. How did you do it?
    04-30-2010 01:56 PM
    long press on the box that you would normally type in and select imput method.
    04-30-2010 02:01 PM
    Go to the messaging app (or compose an email), hold down where the cursor is. You'll get a pop up that said "edit text", click on "input method", change from "touch input" to swype"
    04-30-2010 02:01 PM
    I am over Swype..... I use Compact Qwerty in portrait mode and found that I was just as fast as I was with Swype. But thats just me......
    04-30-2010 02:02 PM
    Ok. Thanks. Got it set as default. But now it gives me an error saying the screen resolution is wrong for swipe. And then it doesn't enter any of my "swypes".
    04-30-2010 02:57 PM
    Here is a quick tutorial for getting Swype to work,
    04-30-2010 07:46 PM
    Apparently you must go to tutorial. I installed the apk and skipped tutorial. Uninstalled/Reinstalled, went to tutorial as instructed in video and voila!
    04-30-2010 09:54 PM
    You might have the wrong version.
    04-30-2010 10:00 PM
    Good grief Swype is incredibly fast!. I just pushed in two paragraphs in like 20 seconds. That would have taken me forever on the regular keyboard, in fact I would have shortened it up to avoid typing so much.

I will love this app!
    04-30-2010 10:39 PM
    I downloaded Swype to my Incredible and it 'works' but I keep getting a message box whenever I rotate the phone (while email is open) that tells me 'The Swype package you installed does not match the screen size of the device. Please cxontact Swype about this issue. Screen size: 480x800'. So I assume this is just because Swype doesn't convert to landscape mode, but is there a way to stop this message or is there a different package that works better for the Incredible?

I downloaded from here: Downloads | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
    05-06-2010 01:45 PM
    I downloaded Swype to my Incredible and it 'works' but I keep getting a message box whenever I rotate the phone (while email is open) that tells me 'The Swype package you installed does not match the screen size of the device. Please cxontact Swype about this issue. Screen size: 480x800'. So I assume this is just because Swype doesn't convert to landscape mode, but is there a way to stop this message or is there a different package that works better for the Incredible?

I downloaded from here: Downloads | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog
    I get the same error for the Hero except it is 320x480 I believe. removed it from the phone. Downloaded it from the same place... hopefully someone can point me in the right direction for the Hero version?
    05-07-2010 03:50 PM
    mine works - got it from the youtube instructions video - mine also seems to work in landscape just fine without errors on my Incredible

my friends are installing it on their Moto Droids now too
    05-10-2010 12:38 PM
    Make sure you do have the actual incredible apk for swype. I have it on my incredible and don't have any issue what so ever, except it makes me want to text message more because I love using it lol.
    05-10-2010 07:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD