couple of questions from a new guy with a flipside

I got the facebook app installed. My question is, will it do automatic updates all day long of what is happening on my facebook page? I only have a 200M data plan and only want to see updates if and when I open the app. Is there some place to change how it updates?

Second on google maps do i have to enable "use wireless networks" and/or use "gps satellites" for maps to work properly? If so, then I guess I manuall turn these two on to use maps, then turn them off to save on battery life and data usage?

Third, should I worry about these apps using my personal information, such as name, phone number, etc, stored in my phone? How do you know which apps to trust?

Thanks
    08-05-2011 09:31 AM
    1st- in settings you can chose refresh interval from 30 mins to never. The FB app does refresh every time you open it.

2nd- It does need wireless network and GPS for accuracy, yes you can turn those off till you need them

3rd- Make sure you get your apps from a trusted source, even than you can only hope.
    08-05-2011 11:24 AM
    1st- in settings you can chose refresh interval from 30 mins to never. The FB app does refresh every time you open it.

2nd- It does need wireless network and GPS for accuracy, yes you can turn those off till you need them

3rd- Make sure you get your apps from a trusted source, even than you can only hope.
    I dont see the refresh interval that you are talking about in settings, what is it under

Thanks for the help
    08-05-2011 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD