11-05-2016 06:52 AM
168 ... 567
tools
    No problem
    02-05-2012 05:07 PM
    I tried this with a Blackberry simulator and I'm now getting notifications for comments but not likes. Anyone know why?
    02-07-2012 09:16 PM
    Own a Moto Razzr Max (Came from OG Droid to T-bolt to Max Love the Phone BTW) My Wife owns the same but came from a BB phone to a Droid 2 Global, to the Max. Basically my wife was getting FB notification and I was not and it was driving me nuts. So looked it up hear and found this work around. i used the BB Storm Simulator on the BB website. Got data to work buy having it simulate a WiFi connection, then had to DL the BB Ap World to get the FB Ap. Once I got it loged into FB and set all notification I also had it disable E-mail notifications although when i check on the FB website this was not actually done. i suggest hitting it anyway who know might be the key to getting it to work. After all this I sent a ststus update to FB using the Simulater, then closed the Program. I did not log out I would suggest doing the same. Then went to Facebook on the PC and loged in to check the post. Shore enuf it showed i had posted using a BB device. Then the notifications started rolling in on the phone. This RELAY dose work thnax for the info.
    03-02-2012 06:58 PM
    Well, this is just so funny! I have an iPod touch 4 and never installed FB just because I had it on my Android. I just installed it and logged in to see if notifications on my phone finnaly worked, and they did!! Spectacular!! Hope I can uninstall FriendCaster now

Thanks a lot to all of you!!

LG Optimus One P500 is working just fine as well
    03-11-2012 02:12 PM
    Well, this is just so funny! I have an iPod touch 4 and never installed FB just because I had it on my Android. I just installed it and logged in to see if notifications on my phone finnaly worked, and they did!! Spectacular!! Hope I can uninstall FriendCaster now

Thanks a lot to all of you!!

LG Optimus One P500 is working just fine as well
    wow, good to know this works in other ways. Also I am sure there are more people with a iPod vs a Crackberry lol
    03-11-2012 05:49 PM
    I had to rebuild my Rezound yesterday and for some reasons the notifications stopped. So I went back in and reauthorized the BB app permission.

ETA: Ok initially, no luck. So I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app and now everything is working.
    04-01-2012 02:01 PM
    I think someone moving from a Blackberry to a new Android phone and having push notifcations work for Facebook is just a matter of coincidence. I recently was pondering why my push notes weren't working as well. I cleared Facebook's application cache under Applications in Settings on my phone. This solved my issue. You will have to relog in and resync your contacts, but it's worth doing.
    I have the Samsung GS3 and I tried this, it did not work for me. Any other suggestions? I came from a BB Torch and they worked for about a month before they suddenly stopped.
    10-10-2012 05:13 PM
    they stopped on mine a while back but I've noticed the app notifies me a lot better than before so I haven't really cared, that and I use G+ 80% of the time. I tried re signing in with the emulator but that didn't work either, suppose I could dig deeper and see what got turned off but like I said, kinda been ok with things. Also we do have the native app just around the corner and things might be a ton better once that happens. Let us know if you get them working again though just in case.
    10-10-2012 05:43 PM
    So I can't seem to find my answer in any of the threads... I'm wondering if anyone happens to know if there is a specific place I need to go to get rid of getting annoying push notifications from the Facebook app that relate to getting notifications of about friend's posts? To be more specific, I am getting pushed notifications that I am not even tagged in, or mentioned in. Nothing that relates to myself. They're simply just a notification that one of my friends made a post. I only want to get a notification if I am tagged in something or mentioned in something.
    05-30-2013 08:22 PM
    So I can't seem to find my answer in any of the threads... I'm wondering if anyone happens to know if there is a specific place I need to go to get rid of getting annoying push notifications from the Facebook app that relate to getting notifications of about friend's posts? To be more specific, I am getting pushed notifications that I am not even tagged in, or mentioned in. Nothing that relates to myself. They're simply just a notification that one of my friends made a post. I only want to get a notification if I am tagged in something or mentioned in something.
    It sounds like at some point you must have made them a "favorite" or whatever Facebook calls them these days. The solution is pretty simple. From a computer go onto Facebook and go to whatever friend's page that you're getting notifications for. Once there you'll see something that says "Friends" with a little check box next to it. I'll be on the lower right of their cover page photo next to "Message", "Give Gift" and a gear. Hover your cursor over the "Friends" label and you should be able to uncheck "Get Notifications"

Good luck.
    05-30-2013 09:11 PM
    Thank you for the quick reply. So when I clicked on the "Friends" label, the "Get Notifications" was already unchecked... I made sure to see that it wasn't a mistake, so I checked it, then unchecked it just to be sure. Is there something else that I could be missing?
    06-01-2013 01:34 AM
    Thank you for the quick reply. So when I clicked on the "Friends" label, the "Get Notifications" was already unchecked... I made sure to see that it wasn't a mistake, so I checked it, then unchecked it just to be sure. Is there something else that I could be missing?
    Sorry I can't think of anything else. Everything you're describing points to you're getting notifications because you've basically subscribed to them from that person. The thing is I've seen some weird, unexplainable, crazy stuff with FB in the past so I'm not at all surprised that it isn't that cut and dry for you. You could also double check from your phone that it isn't set for that friend to get notifications. The only other thing I could think of doing is to contact your friend and tell them that you're going to unfriend them and re-add them back to see if it resolves the issue.
    06-02-2013 08:36 AM
    Thanks again for trying to help, it's really appreciated. This used to never happen up until the recent updates to the app, so that isn't much of a surprise... I don't understand this thing with companies attempting to fix something that just simply doesn't need fixing. - "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."
    ccw1134 likes this.
    06-02-2013 04:03 PM
    Hi all,
    Can anyone suggest that is there any settings for poke notification.Because i tested this poke notification in mobile app but i m not able to see that notification with my push notification.So please tell me that poke notification show automatically or there is some additional settings for that.In my samsung android phone or in my fiends sony xperia android phone no notification alarm is squeezing for poke.
    02-19-2014 06:30 AM
    I was frustrated with the same problem. I switched from Blackeberry to Andorid only 3 days back. I started using Facebook on Moto G but I am frustrated as no notifications were showing on mobile. I have to open Facebook to see notifications. As I pointed out, I didn't log out from Facebook on my Blackberry. I think I should try this.

Man, you just hit the spot.
    05-10-2014 04:00 AM
    I also noticed this fixed my phantom notification issue for everything except messages. Before, when I happened to get the push notification and I tapped it in the notifications panel, it did nothing. Now is actually launching the app and going to the notification. Strange.
    06-14-2015 12:42 PM
    I have 3 listing for Blackberry currently selected from old devices. Probably browser, phone and tablet.

I just got this Note 4 last week and I've never gotten a FB notification yet. Can't even remember if I have on my Nexus 7, but I don't think so... I know Messenger works, though.

I still get them on my deactivated Windows Phones and WiFi tablet. Clearly an Android specific issue, on my end.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-16-2015 03:16 PM
    Apologies in advance for resurrecting an ancient thread.

I've not had Facebook push notifications on my android devices for years, now.

I thought I'd found the answer after stumbling across this thread.

I dug out my wife's old Blackberry Curve and followed the steps but, low and behold, nothing.

It turns out Facebook discontinued their Blackberry app in March 2016. The Facebook 'app' is now nothing more than a web link. Even older versions of the app don't work.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
    11-05-2016 06:52 AM
168 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD