Facebook Push Notifications - SOLVED!!!

loekilo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
logged into a blackberry and activated notifications and Im getting notifications pushed on my incredible! logged into my facebook on my pc and it activated notifications for android, no mention of blackberry, but it has worked regardless, thanks!

jpc04801

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
****EDIT*****
Not working?

Gonna try and unistall fb for android and redo the notifications in bb and see if that changes anything also removed the sync account from htc sense, not sure if that is conflicting??

used a sim for the storm 2 downloaded fb for bb and activated notifications, however it doesn't show up in my apps? also made a post and it did say via bb, so it recognized the device, just not sure why its not listed in apps. cleared the cache and data on my fb app for my droid, so now its just a wait and see. activated the checkboxes for the notifications too in the droid settings.

Last edited:

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
****EDIT*****
Not working?

Gonna try and unistall fb for android and redo the notifications in bb and see if that changes anything also removed the sync account from htc sense, not sure if that is conflicting??

used a sim for the storm 2 downloaded fb for bb and activated notifications, however it doesn't show up in my apps? also made a post and it did say via bb, so it recognized the device, just not sure why its not listed in apps. cleared the cache and data on my fb app for my droid, so now its just a wait and see. activated the checkboxes for the notifications too in the droid settings.

The Facebook for bb will not show in apps on the Facebook settings. It will show in Account Settings > Notifications > scroll down to the list of notifications and at the bottom is "Other Applications". It should be in there.

jpc04801

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
The Facebook for bb will not show in apps on the Facebook settings. It will show in Account Settings > Notifications > scroll down to the list of notifications and at the bottom is "Other Applications". It should be in there.
Should there be a check in the box?

bjn714

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Refresh interval only applies to the widget and the news feed. Notifications are independent.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.

Edited due to not noticing that my keyboard thinks that Notifications = NotificationService. Oops.

jpc04801

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
ok i think it is finally working!!!

****EDIT****

ok it certainly appears to be working yet the notifications still take some time, but it certainly is a start.. wasn't sure if anyone knew how to speed them up, if possible?

Last edited:

crankerchick

Dec 9, 2011
Visit site
I signed into facebook from a friend's iPhone yesterday and notifications finally started working for me as well. I have an original Droid running Android 2.2 ever since the first facebook release that included push notifications and they never worked for me. Same with my XOOM and now my Rezound. Now, the notifications started working immediately for me yesterday after signing in with the iphone. I have been using Friendcaster Pro, which also wouldn't support push on my Droid or XOOM, but it's been working on the Rezound. I noticed when signing in with it, it asks facebook for permission to manage notifications. Not sure if it should (or if it matters), but the official facebook app never did that.

For whatever it is worth, I also don't see Facebook for iPhone or Facebook for Android in the list of apps authorized to interact with my facebook account, but the notifications are indeed working, at least some of them are anyway. I'm getting notifications when someone writes on my wall. I'm not seeing notifications for when people like my status or posts or when close friends update their status or post links. Those are the only test cases I have.

Just for $h1ts and giggles I sent an email to facebook developers before trying the iPhone thing, but I don't expect a response...

Last edited:

VickMackey#AC

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else wonder how this application can be updated over and over and this issue has not addressed or resolved yet? There are over 500 million Android devices out there. What will it take for them to address this? Would this happen on iOS? Why does this work for iOS and BB but not Android?

Reactions: crzycrkr

jpc04801

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else wonder how this application can be updated over and over and this issue has not addressed or resolved yet? There are over 500 million Android devices out there. What will it take for them to address this? Would this happen on iOS? Why does this work for iOS and BB but not Android?
I have written 2 emails to the devs for Facebook for Android and not once have received a reply. I'm assuming they already have an agenda and could care less.

Its certainly not isolated. Everyone I know who hasn't had a BB or an iPhone has the issue. I'm glad though that someone found the obvious. At least now I have push.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site

Looks like Facebook quietly moved where the BB app's settings are. Instead of looking in "Apps," you have to look in "Notifications." You'll still have to get at it from either "Account Settings" or "Privacy Settings."

note1r.png

You'll see your most recent notifications at the top. Scroll all the way down to "All Notifications."

note2f.png

The BB app is probably hidden in the "Other Applications " section...

note3v.png

Reactions: tslugmo and Wicket

kpoverdorf

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
BOOM TIME! I did it with a blackberry emulator! I was desperate and had no BB with wifi or service around. This is great!!! SUCCESS!

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have written 2 emails to the devs for Facebook for Android and not once have received a reply. I'm assuming they already have an agenda and could care less.

Its certainly not isolated. Everyone I know who hasn't had a BB or an iPhone has the issue. I'm glad though that someone found the obvious. At least now I have push.
Sending email to the developer of the Facebook for Android application is just a waste of time. You wont ever get a response. I wish I could rate developers like we do their apps.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
Looks like Facebook quietly moved where the BB app's settings are. Instead of looking in "Apps," you have to look in "Notifications." You'll still have to get at it from either "Account Settings" or "Privacy Settings."

*removed images*

The BB app is probably hidden in the "Other Applications " section...

good catch and thanks for putting pics up.. something I meant to do back at the beginning of this tread but got busy and forgot. :/

I've emailed the devs many time myself and yeah.. they never even acknowledge that they got a email let alone address anything each time they "update" the app. l do have to say the latest update is finally usable so that something but still no proper push notifications..

browneggsandham

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you so much! This does work! Very strange that we should have to do this but if it works that's all that matters. I don't seem to receive any notifications for likes though, although I swear people on here say they have done? I can't seem to find any settings anywhere to change what we do or don't receive...the settings on the main fb website only relate to emails and the app settings aren't broad or detailed enough. Any ideas?

uggz

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
First time I tried it didn't work(bb torch). Tried it again, except while logged in on the fb app on the torch I checked the notification settings and checked the box for notifications then logged out.(yes it's obvious just wanted to share, since other people may be looking for answers) Now I'm getting push notifications on my Droid Bionic un rooted. Great discovery! Thank you ccw1134!!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech