08-11-2011 06:34 PM
28 12
tools
    While i seems fishy, I'm sure it's for their messaging app that came out a couple of days ago (so I can SMS people through Facebook now).

Not a big fan though. Oddly enough, they give instructions on how to remove the functionality, but it seems to be iPhone specific as I can't find the option i n my phone's app. EDIT: Found it: If you just go into the app's settings and turn off "Sync Contacts" (last item at the bottom), then you need to go here and click REMOVE (which is linked very obviously from the Phonebook in Facebook): http://www.facebook.com/contact_impo...r=%2Fphonebook .

The Sync Contacts from FB is nothing new. Is it annoying? If you didn't set it properly, then yes.

However... what does the contacts syncing have to do in any way with the SMS permissions you started this thread over?

Couple of things:

xda-developers - View Single Post - Facebook stole the contact list from my phone

Also, this has to do with this because it shows that Facebook is just doing whatever the hell they want and it brings to question why the app needs full messaging permissions.

Here's something else for ya:
    xda-developers - View Single Post - Facebook stole the contact list from my phone
    08-11-2011 03:26 PM
    You can drag a horse to water; but, you can't make him drink it. You can beat him with a stick... he still won't drink it. You can complain to the horse breeder you got him from. He'll put him down and give you a new one or tell you to deal with it...
    08-11-2011 03:52 PM
    You can drag a horse to water; but, you can't make him drink it. You can beat him with a stick... he still won't drink it. You can complain to the horse breeder you got him from. He'll put him down and give you a new one or tell you to deal with it...
    Cool?
    08-11-2011 06:34 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD