Here is a chance to advance the cause of science and win a $50 Amazon gift certificate for participating in a brief study!

We invite you to participate in a study being conducted by the Informatics department (ICS) at UC Irvine. The study involves a questionnaire about Applause, a new Android app recommender system. It will take about 15-20 minutes of your time. You will use and evaluate an early prototype of this system.

Your participation will help advance the cause of science, and contribute to helping make software and technology easier to use for everyone. As a token of our appreciation, we will raffle a $50 Amazon gift certificate among the participants of the study.

If you are interested (and eligible: >18yr, Android user), click on the following link to start the study: UC Irvine Android Study

Thank you for helping us to improve technology!

Bart Knijnenburg
    Informatics Researcher, UC Irvine
    08-09-2011 07:55 PM
    I wouldn't answer all of those questions in real life to have some program submit to some other entity. In fact, I found them obtrusive enough I didn't finish the survey.
    08-10-2011 07:14 AM
    Dear Mr. Boyd,

Thank you for your reply to my Android study. I understand that you found some of the questions too intrusive: this is part of what we are researching.

If you wouldn't mind, I would like to ask you to fill out an evaluation questionnaire about your experience (without intrusive questions, I promise! ). It is especially important for us that we get feedback from people like you who are not willing to give out all their private information. Please email (bart.k@uci.edu) or PM me for a link to the evaluation questionnaire.

Regardless of whether you do this or not, I will put you on the list for the $50 gift certificate raffle, because I appreciate your effort.
    08-10-2011 02:07 PM