Google Talk feature I would like to see

How's this sound?

• Total voters

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Alright, so love this new feature on Gmail: "notify once". You get emailed and then until you check your emails and clear the notification: all other notifications for email are muted. (You know you got one and will get to it when you need it)

How about that, with a twist in Google Talk?

3 Options:

1) Notify All
2) Notify Once
3) Notify Once per contact

Ever get 15 messages from someone who likes to hit the enter button after every sentence? My phone doesn't stop ringing! Very annoying when: A) Your at work (Audible or not). B) You trying to watch a video or listen to music.

Now option 2. Cool. Once. I know I have messages waiting in Gtalk now. I'll get to them when I get to them. But what if your ignoring a person at the moment? That's where option 3 comes in.

Person X is typing away. Hitting send after every sentence. You got your notification. And you'll get back to them in a minute or so when they finish they're thought. But, then, option 2 enabled: what happens when Person Y messages you? You want get it till your done waiting for person X to finish. So one notification for person X hammering away on the send button; and, then in the middle of their nonsense: one notification for person Y.

Could also see this being good for SMS as well. Especially when you know someone who is behind in the time and types a novel through text instead of emailing it to you. So now you got 20 messages bouncing in at random times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome