Could someone let me know whether the notification for SMS messages received through Google Voice are "instant" or is it the same as on BB phones where the GV app polls every 5 minutes?

Thanks!
    05-02-2010 07:23 PM
    it's a pushed notification. as soon as the message hits your G voice box, it syncs on your phone.
    05-02-2010 07:40 PM
    it's a pushed notification. as soon as the message hits your G voice box, it syncs on your phone.
    Thanks...sorry, I just found the thread that answers this...my bad.
    05-02-2010 08:14 PM
    Google voice doesn't do an amazing job of transcribing my voicemails..
    05-02-2010 08:48 PM
    lol. No worries. Was just checking the new posts and answering was easier than digging up the link myself

Nope. Needs a good bit of work there. You should see the transcription when the caller speaks in Dutch lol.
    05-02-2010 09:23 PM
    lol. No worries. Was just checking the new posts and answering was easier than digging up the link myself

Nope. Needs a good bit of work there. You should see the transcription when the caller speaks in Dutch lol.
    You should see when a true southerner speaks. =)
    05-03-2010 07:36 PM
    Depends on the caller for me. In most cases I don't need to listen to the message.
    05-04-2010 02:03 PM
    I'd like to know how to make Google voice my default SMS sender. I could do it on my blackberry without even opening the app, it was integrated into the menus. At work I have wifi but absolutely no cell reception and I'd like to be able to get/send texts as easy there as when I have reception.

Also, without sounding like a know-it-all, I hope you guys are sharing every voicemail you can to help improve the system. The problem Google is having is that too many people are paranoid that Big Brother cares about your mom calling and leaving you a voicemail and don't share their data. I share every voicemail I get that doesn't have personal info in it.
    05-04-2010 11:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD