Looking for a good trip logging app

worwig

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I am looking for a way to share routes and photos with people. I occasionally put on events for our motorcycle group, and occasionally someone long after the event will ask me what roads we were on.

On Windows Mobile, I used to run GeoTerrestrial. It kept an online record. I could go online and pick a past start and stop time, and extract that route. I could add photos and notes, and share it.

I have yet to find anything like it for Android. Everything I have tried, requires me to start the app before I start the trip. Apps like EveryTrail and TripJournal are nice, but I need to remember to start them before the trip starts, they suck battery, and you can't just leave them on 24/7 like Geoterrestrial.

I have Latitude running in the background. It keeps a record of where I have been on Googles Latitude site, it runs in the background and does not suck battery. But, it will only exports a full single day and only in KML format. I guess I am looking for a better way to export Latitude data, then I could put together a travel log from that.

Here is a trip that I put together from a Garmin GPS track export and manually placed photos. All done after the fact when I felt the urge to do it. I want to be able to do this type of thing from my Android. Everything is right there in my hand to do it, I just can't find the right app.

Georgia nuclear Aircraft search - Motorcycling trip | EveryTrail

grantheppes

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
You could try the Strava cycling app, I know its for bikes, but it doesn't hit my battery that hard. May not be what you are looking for but at least you can hit related apps and discover something new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22