Facebook/Twitter manual contact selection

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Hello everyone. Just a quick question. Sorry if it's been covered before but I did search and couldn't find anything.

Is there a way to manually associate a Twitter/Facebook user with an entry in the contact list? For example, I have the Facebook contact sync turned on with it set to only sync with existing contacts. And it will automatically handle the syncing but only when the name matches exactly with how it is on Facebook. So when I have a Facebook friend who is listed as Johnathan Smith, for example, on there but as John Smith in my contacts, they don't sync. On my BlackBerry, I could use the "Link to BlackBerry Contact" option to manually link the two together but I do not see anything like this on my Nexus One.

The same option would be great for Twitter since many of my contacts do not use their full name on Twitter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

chdtpn

Apr 7, 2010
www.chaad.net
1. Do This

2. Save that file to your desktop.

3. Open GMail in your web browner and import that file into your Contacts or Address book.

4. Sync GMail contacts with your phones.

88 FLUX

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
1. Do This

2. Save that file to your desktop.

3. Open GMail in your web browner and import that file into your Contacts or Address book.

4. Sync GMail contacts with your phones.

Thank you. While that is a worthwhile solution and I appreciate it, it doesn't help with what I'm looking to do. I do not want to import all of my Facebook contacts. I just want to sync with the ones that are associated with people that are already in my phone's contact list. And it's not important enough for me to go through and manually pick and choose in the CSV and delete the entries I don't want. I just want the Android app syncing to "do it's thing" but allow me to manually select the contact links that it leaves out.

Thank you though. If at some point it starts to bother me anymore than just a minor annoyance, I will go that route.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude