I have been using Outline Tracker on WebOS. I tried Evernote, Astrid tasks and some note and task apps, none does all the things i want. I would like something with the following:

* supports GTD methodology. This means i can put everything in there, notes long and short, tasks for me and others, organized in different ways, simple view of all actions for me.
    * outlined with multiple levels and easy to move thing around
    * outlined items are tasks that can be tagged as done.
    * link tasks to calendar. I think this is one thing that WebOS made it easy to implement, not sure if android's calendar can be integrated in the same way.

Sent from mobile
    08-24-2011 06:55 PM
    Looks like there aren't many options on Android. The following is some info I found.

Outliner is the closest I can get. It lacks some of the more advanced features like showing all actions in a single filtered view , and assigning items to people on my contact list. But as far as creating an Outline, it is pretty good. It can import and export to Bonsai, which is a PalmOS based program. I am surprised as a long time PalmOS user I did not know about it.

Bonsai is in a planning stage for their next generation products, so I sure hope they pick Android first.

Sent from mobile
    08-30-2011 02:44 PM
    Some more digging.

I installed Google Task Organizer. The reason I focused on Google is because it is easier to sync to than exchange and it supports basic hierarchical tasks.

Touchdown can sync to exchange, but does not integrate into the native calendar and email program. So in order to use it, I have to switch between different apps to see all my tasks, email, and appointments.

I gave up on Astrid, because it does not do clean basic Google task sync.

Sent from mobile
    08-31-2011 07:07 PM