An unbiased opinion on the state of the Android Marketplace?

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm really on the fence between Android and iOS for my next phone. I've been using iOS since day 1 the iPod touch (1st gen) became available so I really know it inside and out. I consider myself a bit of a tinkerer, so either way I'd jailbreak my iPhone, but the comparison I hear the most between the two platforms is that iOS has both a greater quantity and quality of applications.

Like, I've heard the Facebook app is subar in relation to its iOS counterpart. I'm just wondering is that the case a lot of the time or just here and other, or maybe not at all?

Lavitapostandroid

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I made the decision to switch about three weeks ago. The only thing that isn't seamless is the music syncing. There are few programs that do it such as doubletwist and winamp. That being said I am not switching back.

Sent from my Motorola ATRIX with Tapatalk

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Well since the SGS2 is no longer coming to VZW apparently, iPhone it is. Looks like they made up my mind for me... :-\

What about the nexus prime, Droid bionic, or Droid HD? The galaxy s 2 isn't the only good android device. Don't go to the iPhone if u don't want to. The apps on the market are great. There may not be as many apps as on ios, but the there are plenty of apps. The games are great too. If u get a tegra deice, u will be able to get tegra hdgames too. So don't buy the iPhone just because the galaxy s 2 isn't coming to Verizon. As for syncing music, Google music works great. The iTunes music store is pretty much where u get ur music from. Google music syncs with itunes.

Sent from my amazing galaxy tab 10.1 which also eats ipads

Last edited:

eksplosions

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Haha it's not so much that it was those two and I've eliminated all other options, it's just that I've been eligible since May and my phone is on it's last leg at this point; not only do I not want to wait till like January for a phone like the Prime, I don't think my Blackberry will live long enough even if I wanted to try to wait.

The Bionic is out (PenTile; I was going to buy the X2 when it came out and in-store it just didn't look good at all). Droid HD looks nice but there's really no timeline on when it might become available, unless I missed something. And we actually have a Tab 10.1 at home, which is really nice I'll admit, but not exactly pocket friendly.

elvisgp

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
The nexus prime might come out around October or November. Not really January. Just saying. The pentile display on the bionic might not be as bad as the x2. The Droid 3 and photon 4g's screen are not as bad as the x2.chances are moto will improve with the bionic.

sent from my Droid X, which also eats iPhones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12