Looking for a personal finance app, first thing I'm looking to find on my new android phone. I have looked into, and downloaded, a few, as well as searching the web and this forum, but have had no luck.

I am not interested in pageonce or mint, as I do not want the app to connect to any of my accounts.

I mostly use it was a check book, keep track of what I spend and from where.

Bill tracker as well, so I can put in reoccurring transactions and "forecast" my balance.

Would LOVE reports that support subcategories. This works wonderfully when you're trying to cut back on things such as eating out. Helps to see that over half of your "food" account was eating out, makes you think the next time.

So far, I have decided Cashew works best for me until I find the perfect app, but suggestions would be awesome.
    08-27-2011 06:06 PM
    I'm using Financisto like a checkbook, but for credit card purchases. It has subcategories, but since I haven't yet done any reports, I can't claim to know how useful they are.

P.S. I heard that mint.com uses the same infrastructure as the banks for their online services, so should be equally as secure.
    08-28-2011 07:30 PM
    Unfortunately I bank at a very small bank that mint and pageonce type applications don't offer I will look at the one you suggested though, thanks!

EDIT: Just downloaded and checked it out, havn't really actually used it, but it does offer subcategory reports, as well looks like you can forecast your balance. This is perfect! Thanks
    08-28-2011 08:30 PM
    Hello cherrykiss!

If you are looking for simple android application for organizing personal finances, you can try our application Personal Financial Organizer. Application is free, offline, quick, has simple interface and includes the most frequent functionalities of entering expenses,incomes, plan periodical expenses, organization with categories, contains average monthly cashflow calculations ,... Because of statistics of downloads vs. active usages of PFO Application, almost half of "users" which download PFO application, use it in real time.....So it looks it is usefull .....

....moreover, what is special with PFO is that if you have "as user" some ideas/requirements which would be relevant for us, will will implement it for you for free.

Best regards,
    PFO Team
    05-14-2012 08:26 AM
    P.S. I heard that mint.com uses the same infrastructure as the banks for their online services, so should be equally as secure.
    I did a lot of research around Mint before deciding to use them about 6 months ago. They're run by Intuit (same people who do Quickbooks) and the security is supposedly the same or better than financial institutions.

I started off with a couple of "safe" cards just to check it out before deciding to go all-in. I gotta say, it's pretty awesome. Having everything compiled together from my accounts/cards/retirement/kids college plans, etc works out pretty great.

Of course, people's level of trust varies. Just pointing out my experience.
    jj2me likes this.
    05-14-2012 10:57 AM