Android machine usb interface

jonapga

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Hi all

Sorry I cant even think of the correct tittle for this thread, I cant find the right words to explain what I am looking for, so just read and hopefully you can understand.

Machine --> Interface Unit --> Android device

This is just an example.

so there are several machines give you their status by turning on/off lights. Think of a electric stove, it tells you what surfaces are hot by turning on a light or it displays the temperature by reading a temp sensor. I want to display that light/temp on a android device. I am sure there is a already made interface device that can receive this signal and allow the android device to know about it. the interface should be able to read voltage.

so it would go something like this
for instance a stove
you turn on the stove, there is some kind of temperature sensor. say the sensor give a voltage between 0 and 5 volts. 0 been the surface is off and 5 been stove at its 500? (say that's the highest). I would give this signal to some kind of interface unit, then the android device would be able to read the interface unit and display the temperature. Same would go for a status light etc.

Once the android device can receive the data, I would have to write up something to display that (unless there is something already made for that).
is there anything like this out there?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969