If you can get swype get it, its amazing!

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
i just got it today and its amazing. I suggest it totally. You'll never text the same way again,i promise you this. I've only had it a few hours but im getting very good at it, its very easy.anyone else using it and loving it asmuch as me?

wph27

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I download the swype today but it doesn't work on my droid incredible...how do i get it to work?thank you for your help an advance..

CharlesA03

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I played around with it. I went back to the original style, but I can definitely see myself using Swype from time to time as well.

markhunsaker

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I download the swype today but it doesn't work on my droid incredible...how do i get it to work?thank you for your help an advance..

Try to find another source. I had that problems. I found it in a couple of different forums. Someone uploaded the apk file and I just downloaded it directly. I like Swype and the concept of it, but I am still practicing. So, it's quite frustrating still. I"m not nearly as fast as I am on a regular keyboard. I have been using the regular keyboard the last few days.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Incredible Swype apk downloaded. I'm going to add it later even though I'm a bit hesitant. Not sure if I will miss the voice button or not because the only place I really use it is in the search widget.

CharlesA03

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Incredible Swype apk downloaded. I'm going to add it later even though I'm a bit hesitant. Not sure if I will miss the voice button or not because the only place I really use it is in the search widget.

What do you mean?

The voice button is still there when you use Swype. You just have to hit menu first.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm getting better at it. You need to be able to slide your finger lightly on the keyboard with the screen protector I have.

I bet it is hard for someone that doesn't know how to type though. You need to know where the letters are to use it. Mom forced me to take touch typing when I was a kid... perhaps the best thing I ever got out of school.

CharlesA03

May 5, 2010
Visit site
were can i get the swype from?

I downloaded it last week...I thought I got it from the market but maybe I didn't.

I no longer see it in there. Regardless, just google "Swype for Android" and there's a number of different sites that allow you to sign up for the Beta.

owensch1

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If your having problems there is a good youtube video I followed that helped me. Its one that a high school looking kid did. He's pretty helpful. The thing that I had to get over is holding down on the screen to get the input settings to pop up then you choose swype undated of touch input. Voila swype is there now.I'll never type the same again!

cdolan22

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Alternate Site if the youtube vid doesn't help.

I tried to download swype following the instructions on the youtube video but had no luck with it. If you want a site to go to to download it directly to your phone, click the search button and type in "swype apk file". Click on the first link (the title is something like "in case you missed it..." Click the link on that page from your Incredible. Download Astro File manager from Android Market. Open the file manager and look for the swype file. open it up and click accept to all of the prompts. Next time you are in a text message, hold onto the text input box until you get a popup. It will say input method, click that and then change to swype. Hope this helps!

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I installed it, didn't really care for it - I'm just not coordinated enough for it. I type so fast on a standard keyboard that the "normal" keyboard typing is much more intuitive for me.

Qazme

May 1, 2010
Visit site
What do you mean?

The voice button is still there when you use Swype. You just have to hit menu first.

Oh really I never hit the menu button. I was talking about it didn't have a mic key on the keyboard itself. When I get all charged back up I'll give it a try again. I used it but wasn't wild about it yet. I think it will take awhile to get used to it, right now I'm digging the compressed qwerty it kt9, it seems the most like suretype and as far as I can tell it's working the same as well. I had to add a few oddball words I use but after that it's working fine.

The Swype is intriguing me though so I may give it another shot.

JayCudi

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
It took me some time to get used to

Usually, I type faster with the standard keyboard but since it kept lagging (hence 1.5 still) I decided to look into it

Great...
I'm getting a bit faster with "swyping" :eek:

nalpakj

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
I downloaded Swype from here but on my Incredible I keep getting a message box whenever I rotate the phone in an email that tells me 'The Swype package you installed does not match the screen size of the device. Please cxontact Swype about this issue. Screen size: 480x800'. So I assume this is just because Swype doesn't convert to landscape mode, but is there a way to stop this message or is there a different package that works better for the Incredible?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair