ChronoLog - Automatically track time and mileage using GPS

Pocket Galaxy

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

We just launched an app we have been working on called ChronoLog. It is a time and mileage tracking app which works on the concept that you create zones where you want to track time. When you enter a zone it automatically logs you in , when you leave it logs you out. Transit times are logged when you travel between zones. The mileage driven between the zones is also calculated. Logs can be emailed and opened in any spreadsheet program.

I could go on in further detail but it is all described at our website : http://www.chrono-log.com

Let us know what you think !

promo-image-for-forums.jpg

mdroid_man

May 7, 2010
Visit site
So far this app is working fantastic! I only have 4 zones setup but it works great. Question though. I'm still not sure what to set the radius at for each zone? Should I make them all the same like the default? Most of my zones are pretty far apart (> 5 miles).

Thanks for info.

Also thanks for such a high quality app - the droid market is so full of junk it's nice to see one that obviously some thought was put into it's design and UI.

Pocket Galaxy

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the kind comments.

@mdroid_man : We recommend setting your zone sizes as large as is practical for the situation. The bigger the better really. There is really nothing to gain from setting the zone radius at a minimal size. Set the radius so that it extends way beyond the area that you will be in. Consider that occasionally the GPS accuracy can temporarily slip a little and you don't want to be logged out because of this.

Take this example: If you have a zone that contains a job site or an office where you work, and the next zone is miles away you might as well set the zone size to like 600 meters or so. The only case that I can think of where you would want to limit the size of a zone would be if there is a place that you frequently go to such as a grocery store that happened to be near to one of your zones. You wouldn't want to make the zone so big that it encompassed the grocery store. If you did, the result would be that you would get logged into your zone every time you went to the grocery store.

So, make them big, if you can.

One more thing. You can drive through a zone without getting logged in. There is a groundspeed requirement that prevents you from being logged in if you are traveling faster than walking speed.

http://www.chrono-log.com/

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar