Saving attachments to folders

HarryStamper

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I am currently on a Blackberry 9650 but looking to replace with one of the Droids. The missing piece is I often save certain attachments on the Bold to a folder on the external storage. I can create folders and store docs there similar to a PC. I often copy and paste info to word, then create a PDF, email it to myself, then read it on the way home from work (storing it on the blackberry).
Can that same type of process be done on a Droid. Do I need apps to accomplish that.
Thanks. This will determine whether I go with a droid.

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I was a blackberry user as well. You can easily do what your trying to do but you may need an app or two depending on which phone you use. I have an app called "save my attach" which allows me to save attachments from gmail. They are automatically saved in the downloads folder. I also have "astro file manager" that is like file explorer in windows. You can create folders and move files as needed. You also can organise your photos this way. Hope this helps. TP

HarryStamper

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I was a blackberry user as well. You can easily do what your trying to do but you may need an app or two depending on which phone you use. I have an app called "save my attach" which allows me to save attachments from gmail. They are automatically saved in the downloads folder. I also have "astro file manager" that is like file explorer in windows. You can create folders and move files as needed. You also can organise your photos this way. Hope this helps. TP
Thanks for the info. Can "save my attach" work with an email other than a Gmail account?

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
That is a good question. i only use gmail on my phone so I'm not sure. My guess would be yes. You could always get a gmail account and have all your other accounts dump into it, kinda like your blackberry account. I have yet to find anything that I used to do with my blackberry that i can't do as well or better with android. The range of apps makes it easy to really personalize it to fit your specific needs. I was not totally sold until my wife got an android. I ot on it and scoured the market for the apps I needed. I soon saw that all the worrying was without merit.

HarryStamper

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
That is a good question. i only use gmail on my phone so I'm not sure. My guess would be yes. You could always get a gmail account and have all your other accounts dump into it, kinda like your blackberry account. I have yet to find anything that I used to do with my blackberry that i can't do as well or better with android. The range of apps makes it easy to really personalize it to fit your specific needs. I was not totally sold until my wife got an android. I ot on it and scoured the market for the apps I needed. I soon saw that all the worrying was without merit.
On my Blackberry, I have my email accounts (Road Runner, Yahoo) separate. I often research something on the web, copy and paste into word and email it to myself, and store it on the bb if I want to keep it. This way I can read it on the train on the way home. Its quite simple on the BB, but I am finding that its not that simple on Droids and iPhone. That kind of surprises me because I though the Droids were hot stuff.

cdf3

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
On my Blackberry, I have my email accounts (Road Runner, Yahoo) separate. I often research something on the web, copy and paste into word and email it to myself, and store it on the bb if I want to keep it. This way I can read it on the train on the way home. Its quite simple on the BB, but I am finding that its not that simple on Droids and iPhone. That kind of surprises me because I though the Droids were hot stuff.

An alternative would be to use the.Dolphin web browser. It has quite a a few plugins you can download for it.
I've used the Web to PDF plugin. Allows me to save the webpage to my sdcard as a PDF file. I've also used the Screen Capture plugin. It allows me to take a screenshot of the entire page, or crop a certain region. It saves it as an image file.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I use K-9 Mail for all of my POP accounts and save attachments all the time. I think I had to install IO File Manager first, though. No problem saving attachments at all. You would then just need to make sure you have the appropriate app to open the file later (which, on Android, shouldn't be a problem.

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
I use K-9 Mail for all of my POP accounts and save attachments all the time. I think I had to install IO File Manager first, though. No problem saving attachments at all. You would then just need to make sure you have the appropriate app to open the file later (which, on Android, shouldn't be a problem.

This is exactly what I did. There is also a setting in K9 where you can tell it what folder you want the attachments saved in. It defaults to the SD cards root.