Is there a good app that will let you set up sound (notification) profiles like BlackBerry?
    Paul627g likes this.
    11-06-2009 09:57 AM
    Looks like Night Ringer will do what I need for now.
    11-06-2009 10:26 AM
    This personally drove me nuts. I think I was finally able to solve it in an elegant way, using Tasker. Here are all my Tasker tasks and profiles:

VPetkov.net My Tasker program – BlackBerry Sound Profiles for Android
    05-10-2011 01:23 PM
    There are plenty of options if you search for profiles apps. They're not quite the same as they are on the BB as alerts are not fully centralized but they do offer functionality that the BB didn't have.
    05-11-2011 08:00 AM
    So, this may be a silly question but what it the point of Night Ranger? Are you just looking for something that will silence all calls except from certain people? Is that the only objective? I am just curious about what profile apps will do for me.
    Thanks!
    05-12-2011 09:40 AM
    I use "settings profiles"

Sent from my EVO 4G using Tapatalk
    05-13-2011 11:33 PM
    I use "Profile." You just create various profiles with the notifications set to one volume, ringer set to another, media set to another, etc. Then, create times at which these profiles become active.

There's also a whitelist addon so that people can still get through to you when the ringer's off.
    05-15-2011 08:40 AM
    I use Quick Profiles (and upgraded to the Pro version). Allows custom profiles that can change ringtones, notification, volume, settings (i.e. bluetooth, wireless, etc), and others. Pro version adds ability to assign custom icons to each profile, which makes it even better because a profile's icon becomes the widget icon.
    05-15-2011 09:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD