So I've read in the past that Juice Defender (especially the Ultimate version) is really good for saving some battery life and giving you a fair amount of control on your data connectivity and things like that. I downloaded the free version today just to see a little more hands on what its like and how it works, but from what I can tell, what it does sounds pretty similar to the kinds of things that you can using a tool like Tasker or AutomateIt, by setting up actions to control your 3G/4G data, turning on WiFi when available, turning on Bluetooth, etc.... Anyone have any experience/preference in using JD vs. Tasker/etc..., one better than the other, use both (though I'm not sure both would be necessary) or don't use anything like this?!?
    09-11-2011 09:19 PM
    Just wondering if this is kind of a silly question in the OP or if nobody really has any thoughts on the apps.....

Thanks!
    09-12-2011 12:20 PM
    I used tasker on my original droid, it worked reasonably well but I'm not sure it was completely compatible with the Rom i was using.
    I will probably put it on the bionic shortly.
    Never used JD

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    09-12-2011 12:27 PM
    I've been using JD Ultimate for a while, and have seen a noticable difference in battery life. Depending on the day, I am a light to moderate user. Obviously, the more you use your phone, the less impact an app like JD will have. The WiFi capability is location based, and it needs to be 'trained' for it to know when to enable/disable WiFi. For me, WiFi control worked flawlessly on Froyo, but I've noticited that on Gingerbread, it doesn't always enable/disable it as it should.

Prior to JD, I had set up some Tasker profiles to disable data when the screen turned off, then enable when the screen turned on, and also to enable at a timed interval. In my case, I found my battery life was actually worse with this than without.
    09-13-2011 08:52 AM
    I've been using JD Ultimate for a while, and have seen a noticable difference in battery life. Depending on the day, I am a light to moderate user. Obviously, the more you use your phone, the less impact an app like JD will have. The WiFi capability is location based, and it needs to be 'trained' for it to know when to enable/disable WiFi. For me, WiFi control worked flawlessly on Froyo, but I've noticited that on Gingerbread, it doesn't always enable/disable it as it should.

Prior to JD, I had set up some Tasker profiles to disable data when the screen turned off, then enable when the screen turned on, and also to enable at a timed interval. In my case, I found my battery life was actually worse with this than without.
    Hi, I'm looking for the following Tasker profile, have you tried this one? do you think it will be better for battery life?

(Works when screen off or on)
    - try to connect to known wifi networks (currently 2, let's call them "Home" and "Work")
    - If not succeeded -> connect to 3G
    - Let all data downloaders (weather widget, Rss, Email, Gmail, ...) work for 2 minutes
    - Disconnect from current active connection (Wifi or 3G)
    - Delay for 18 minutes or more
    - Go over the flow again ....

Can you assist me to program this kind of a profile?
    02-07-2012 04:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD