When purchasing an app on the amazon app store, it shows a progress bar with several captions, including:

purchase initiated
    user authenticated
    download queued

then, it shows a caption of 'Download in Progress'. After this progress bar completes, it asks if I want to install the app. if I cancel, the app doesn't get installed (obviously). However, is the apk on my phone somewhere taking up space? If so, where? I've looked and looked with different file managers and can't seem to find any place in phone storage (or SD storage for that matter).
    09-12-2011 04:36 PM
    go to the amazon app store, press your menu button, then click "My Apps." There will be a list of downloaded apps there!
    09-13-2011 05:08 PM
    I have a friend who kept doing the same thing. Eventually his phone ran out of memory and he had to do a hard reset. The apks must be tucked away somewhere.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.
    09-13-2011 05:12 PM
    go to the amazon app store, press your menu button, then click "My Apps." There will be a list of downloaded apps there!
    Not this.

I have a friend who kept doing the same thing. Eventually his phone ran out of memory and he had to do a hard reset. The apks must be tucked away somewhere.

Sent from my Thunderbolt.
    Yes This is what I am referring to. Wish it could be found, this secret hiding place for the APKs on the phone.
    09-28-2011 12:05 AM
    I wonder if clearing the amazon cache deletes the apks.
    09-28-2011 01:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD