Facebook 1.7 Update

ccw1134

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to direct others who still use Facebook to hit the Market for their latest update. This one seems to be a nice one with more than fluff. There are quite a few new "usable" features. Check it out. This is the vendor has to say:

Facebook for Android v1.7 is now available in Android Market. In this release, we made it easier to share with who you want by improving the sharing tool to add privacy controls on posts and match your settings on the web site. We also added a lot of cool new features like Pull to Refresh and the ability to tag friends in photos, places and posts. Finally, there's also a great new design for Profiles and Groups

charlie hustle

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
when notifications gets pushed to my evo 3d like on the blackberries, or my sister n law lg optimus, then ill get excited. Until then, meh....

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
So they changed the way you tag someone in a post? I used to like to do in-line tagging ie: Bigfire8: thinks @john smith should stop whining about having to take out the garbage, where the person's name would show up and notify them they were tagged.

Why would I now have to type their name in the sentence, and then use the tag feature as a second step to do the same work?

Also seems to take away the ability to tag fan pages. Good example of this is when you want to say something about your favorite team's win/loss etc and would tag them in your post. Can't do that anymore. WTF?

Bigfire

May 13, 2010
Visit site
Just also realized how poor the photo tagging feature is...just adds the name of the person, vs pointing to a spot in the photo. Dumb when you might have 15 people in a picture from a get together let's say. How would somebody put a name to a face they remember but just met??? Can't possibly add as a friend from that.

mediafreakch

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I've updated to version 1.7 just seconds ago. cannot add new status nor post my location since then. the app crashes. i'm using it on galaxy s2 with android 2.3.3.

jdnmusic

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I have looked everywhere. Most says they can't tag photos. Some say they can. So can someone PLEASE say how to do the damn tagging?? Evo 3d. Thanks

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have looked everywhere. Most says they can't tag photos. Some say they can. So can someone PLEASE say how to do the damn tagging?? Evo 3d. Thanks

I think the people that "can tag photos" are confused. When you upload a photo to a status you can tag friends in the status but that does NOT tag them in the actual photo. There is no current way to actually tag a photo that is in any album on your FB.

mediafreakch

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
meantime there is a new version 1.7.1. But it doesn't solve the problem. the app still crashes. tried to re-install the app and restart the phone but it did not help. i'm using the german version

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I think the people that "can tag photos" are confused. When you upload a photo to a status you can tag friends in the status but that does NOT tag them in the actual photo. There is no current way to actually tag a photo that is in any album on your FB.

No, it's working for me. Tap on the photo when you enter a comment and it'll let you tag.

Just also realized how poor the photo tagging feature is...just adds the name of the person, vs pointing to a spot in the photo. Dumb when you might have 15 people in a picture from a get together let's say. How would somebody put a name to a face they remember but just met??? Can't possibly add as a friend from that.

I only uploaded one pic, but the app had facial recognition! Tagged my friend, and it's pointing at his face on the website.
I'll try to see if it's possible to tag at a specific location manually.

Edit: just tried it and I can tag at a specific location in the picture. When I upload a pic, it says "tap to tag". Works great,

schwick

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Been using the update since yesterday and I haven't encountered any problems so far it crashed once when I was browsing an album, but it never happened again after I restarted the application.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

BrianTufo

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
No, it's working for me. Tap on the photo when you enter a comment and it'll let you tag.

I only uploaded one pic, but the app had facial recognition! Tagged my friend, and it's pointing at his face on the website.
I'll try to see if it's possible to tag at a specific location manually.

Edit: just tried it and I can tag at a specific location in the picture. When I upload a pic, it says "tap to tag". Works great,

Yeah I ended up finding it after updating to 1.7.1. What a horrible implementation of tagging photos. I hate to say it but they should of gone like the iPhone version and made it where you go to an album and choose a picture tap menu and there would be a tag option to then choose who to tag in the photo.

BUT at least they put it in finally so that's a positive!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall