Facebook App Size.

JoshH1

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
So I've noticed in the past few days my facebook app seems to get bigger and bigger..

Right now it's 4.04MB. Which I find absurd. I can't find anyway to clear caches, etc. I don't feel like Uninstalling it and reinstalling it all of the time. but is there anyway to free up some of it's space?

fdossantos

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
My install of the Facebook app has grown to 8.21 MB. This is not good considering the limited space available to me on the Samsung Intercept. I've been digging around here and other forums to understand how to manage it's file size, but with no success. Most suggest to clear the cache, but that option is never available.

The biggest portion of my FB install is data. I have tried deleting old messages to see if that would help, but it doesn't. I guess the only solution is to delete the app and use the web browser to access FB.

Thoughts?

beandon

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
i have been noticing this as well. and im not liking the look of it.

this FB app is more trouble than its worth half the time, if it wasnt for the chat feature id just use the browser mobile version.

fred72matt

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I cleared my data and went from 24.08mb to 4.36. I had to re login again but the 20mb it freed up was well worth the 60 seconds to set up my account again.

Reactions: nut-meg

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I love my Facebook app too much to delete it. I don't even worry about that.

That's really nothing. MB- GB+.

nut-meg

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Just to be clear, the Facebook data cache automatically clears when you log out/in.

Back down to less than 5 mb and relieved I don't have to delete and reinstall.

bmaz121

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Please if you answer a question that uses the words as of now or last I checked or now please include a date in your post so next year when someone Googles a question they will know how old the response was. Thank You

jfb336

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
@bmaz121 The forums tell you when a post was made. This thread started May 8, 2010 and the most recent reply before yours was January 31, 2011.

deepellumdan

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
So I've noticed in the past few days my facebook app seems to get bigger and bigger..

Right now it's 4.04MB. Which I find absurd. I can't find anyway to clear caches, etc. I don't feel like Uninstalling it and reinstalling it all of the time. but is there anyway to free up some of it's space?

Just had to clear mine, over 260 MB in the /data/data/com.facebook.katana file... Wish I knew how to limit that file size

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar