K-9 Mail Users

Groucho

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
Are there any K-9 Mail users with Incredibles? Since I am using gMail and a POP3/IMAP address (xxxx.verizon.com) I wanted something that would show both email boxes in the same app. The more I use K-9 the better I think it is. Deleting is easy and the pull on the IMAP account is much better then the HTC. Just wondering if anybody has had any problems with K-9 before I dump the HTC apps.

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been using it for 4-5 days and think I will stick with it.

I am running the newest build from their website (704).

Working great to PUSH my gmail addy's thru IMAP. Provides integrated INBOX. Handles inbound AND outbound attachments easily (not sure why this is so RARE on Android?!?)

Only "issue" is the default text font for messages is ugly, other than that it is miles ahead of the gmail app.

It is hard to believe how horrible attachment handling is in the gmail app.
The default app is OK for casual users and/or folks that can live without PUSH.

Goodness

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
How do you install the latest k-9 build? Do I need to first download an APKInstaller? Any help here would be appreciated?

thanks

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I saw it on the site first, loaded it, and then later found it on the Market as "K-9 Mail". I loaded the market version and lost my configuration. However, I have been using it since.

Started using it the first day I got my DI as I really wanted to separate my POP accounts from the Exchange mail system which has less features anyway (bulk Read/delete)

Even if you download the APK from the website, all you need is a file manager to load it. something like astro will work just fine.

Goodness

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
I believe the version they have in Market is 2403, and they are now up to build 2705. I will try downloading the updated version now.

krelvinaz

Apr 21, 2010
Visit site
I think that may have been my downfall as far as why I lost my configurations. At the time, I was not sure of the difference.

I just downloaded the current 2705 now and am checking it out.

Goodness

Apr 9, 2010
Visit site
the new version (2705) is MUCH better. does anyone know why some messages in the inbox are shaded a different color? I can't figure it out.

azjerry

Dec 16, 2009
Visit site
Anyone know why they haven't updated the market version?

Will I loose my settings if I update from the market version to the latest (2705)?

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
The builds on their site are dailies or weeklies etc (test builds).

The one on the market is a release. Now, why they go so long between releases I am not sure. It looks like 2600 should be coming to the market soon (release notes are out.)

enilm

Apr 2, 2010
Visit site
Looks like there's a new build on their website.

What settings are you guys using on POP3 for a hotmail account to sync? I set it at to check every 15 mins. Not sure if that'll kill my battery though.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
lots of things.
1) for starters, where's this unified inbox that everyone is talking about? i have 4 pop3 email accounts set up, and each mail is delivered to its own separate inbox. can i unify them somehow?
2) can someone explain what "classes" are? its not intuitive to me
3) any way to remove the "load up to xx more" message at the bottom of an inbox?
4) any way to get an unread message count on the k9 icon?
5) any way to have trash folder automatically empty after xx number of items?
6) what is "Expunge"? i've been afraid to press it...

nightfishing#AC

May 3, 2010
Visit site
see if this makes Expunge any clearer (I *believe* gmail defaults to auto-expunge on the server side)

?The IMAP protocol allows messages to be marked for deletion, a sort of limbo state where a message is still present in the folder but is slated to be deleted the next time the folder is expunged or compacted. When we launched Gmail IMAP, we thought it would confuse people to have messages in this state, since there?s nothing like it in the web interface (the Trash label works differently). So in our IMAP implementation, when you mark a message as deleted, Gmail doesn?t let it linger in that state ? it goes ahead and deletes it from the folder completely. We call this auto-expunge. This may have saved some people from confusion, but other users still wanted the two-stage delete process.?

---Gmail engineer Jamie Nicolson.

indianajonze

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
ok one more question. if i have 2600 or whatever version is in the marketplace, can we just install the latest version over that and all settings will remain? someone asked a few posts up but there wasn't a response

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz