Hello All!

New Droid owner here and so far I love the phone.

I'm having a problem updating Google Maps, I'm getting and installation error that the package file was not signed correctly. I get the same error each time I try. I think I'm currently running 4.0.0 and the update is to 4.1.1, but for whatever reason it ain't workin' for me!

Any ideas and how to get my update working again?

Thanks!

-kruiz
    05-10-2010 03:36 AM
    Does yours also give you an error about the package not being signed properly?
    05-10-2010 05:10 AM
    Yes -- his post says that's what his error was. I'm actually having this problem as well, but have been unable to get it resolved. I had read that you needed to uninstall maps and then reinstall, but I couldn't seem to figure it out.
    05-10-2010 07:24 AM
    Yes it does. The file downloads, but on install I get the "not signed correctly" error".

Thanks!
    05-10-2010 02:38 PM
    Yes -- his post says that's what his error was. I'm actually having this problem as well, but have been unable to get it resolved. I had read that you needed to uninstall maps and then reinstall, but I couldn't seem to figure it out.
    Thanks for the idea thomas! If I get it figured out, I will post back. Please do the same?

Thanks again!
    05-10-2010 02:40 PM
    Could someone please tell me how to uninstall Google Maps, or at least lead me in the right direction please?

Thanks!
    05-12-2010 02:37 AM
    Could someone please tell me how to uninstall Google Maps, or at least lead me in the right direction please?

Thanks!
    In the market under downloads, just go to the maps, and uninstall the updates.

Uninstalling the updates is what he meant.
    05-12-2010 09:21 AM
    When I try to install the Google Maps, it shows only the uninstall button. It starts to download then maybe a second into the download errors out and reports the download unsuccessful. I am not showing maps being loaded on my Droid either in the app drawer or in the applications>manage listings.

I am running the NexBest V1.0

TIA
    05-12-2010 10:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD